Needed a "Go By"

Thomas76

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Bench testing the new relay circuit complete!
IMG_20190213_195417830.jpg

Thomas76

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Thorough scrubbing on the vents, new satin black paint on the metals bits, and a headache from painting in a basement. :)
IMG_20190221_194222780.jpg

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
after using bondo ... and sanding it you will no longer have any grain texture. i ended up spraying sem color coat on it (after cleaning it properly) and while still wet i pushed a 'graining' pad on the paint to give it some texture. seemed to work better half decently - helped to disguise the repair location somewhat

Thomas76

Site Donor $
Reaction score
@rsporsche did you consider new vinyl? I've got a sample coming from World Upholstery that I'm hoping will work to re-wrap with all new. The old vinyl is incredibly brittle where it was exposed to direct sunlight over the years.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
the vinyl on the dash is very thin, so if what WU sends you looks like seat upholstery vinyl ... don't do it. i didn't think about recovering because mine isn't that bad. also didn't think i had enough time to get it done before the windshield was put back in after painting ... got that one very wrong.

Thomas76

Site Donor $
Reaction score
IMG_20190311_174113198_HDR.jpg Samples are in today and super excited! Opinions anyone has are welcomed. Carpet color, leather or vinyl seats, then seat color. IMG_20190311_173829566_HDR.jpg

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thomas, need closer photos of the colors individually with the samples ... can't see them big enough to give you a good opinion

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
if you go with tan, use the bamboo carpet ... don't use the brown. my coupe came with the brown and i tore it out. i always liked the hazel, seems a little lighter than the original. as i remember, the cognac was too copper

if you are painting the car silver, i would go with black. you should look at the charcoal square weave. the solid black carpet is too much (IMHO). if you did the 2 color loop, again charcoal.
are you planning on buying WU kits or the material and having custom interior done? if you aren't looking for kits ... take a look at Veterans for material. http://www.veteranco.com/

Thomas76

Site Donor $
Reaction score
if you go with tan, use the bamboo carpet ... don't use the brown. my coupe came with the brown and i tore it out. i always liked the hazel, seems a little lighter than the original. as i remember, the cognac was too copper

if you are painting the car silver, i would go with black. you should look at the charcoal square weave. the solid black carpet is too much (IMHO). if you did the 2 color loop, again charcoal.
are you planning on buying WU kits or the material and having custom interior done? if you aren't looking for kits ... take a look at Veterans for material. http://www.veteranco.com/
Thanks! Yes I'm looking at doing kits for carpet and seats, just need to pick a provider.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i have seen both from GAHH and WU ... i think GAHH are generally better, but slightly more $$. GAHH doesn't make a trunk carpet. i bought carpet from KHM in germany. was very happy with the quality and the price was lower than the other sources.