Never seen that before!

Patton

Site Donor $
Reaction score
600BC30D-CD48-4517-A496-1305E91DC86C.jpeg

No door locks, rear side markers or antenna. Talbot-style mirror is on the upper door trim.

RP

Patton

Site Donor $
Reaction score
8336DBA6-740D-4AC3-B168-2CD8299C5E69.jpeg

M88 engine and strut bar. Upper cowl cover on right side of engine. Lots of welding, seam filler and bondo in engine compartment.

RP

Oldbmwcoupes

Reaction score
Ive been messing with a set of original rims and pairing them to either style 5 barrels or 3pc rs. I also like the use of the early 2000 cs rubber-less bumpers. I’ve got a set for my car as well. when you use the original 2000cs bumpers you don’t have the v shaped slit at the ends so that I doesn’t look like something is missing.

mulberryworks

Mr. Fixity
Site Donor
Reaction score
So that is an 2800 with a 2000CS interior? As in "Here's a burned out (mould eaten) 2800, and a crashed 2000CS; let's merge them?"
Not an improvement if you ask me.
I'm inclined to think it's a 2000CS with an E9 front-end change. True, the work would be more involved since many things are different but it would have been seen as an upgrade vs the downgrade of putting the older interior in the newer car. A bigger engine and new suspension at the minimum along with the longer sheet metal. The lack of belt trim on the front end of the car implies the sheet metal was worked over.

My 2800cs had its nose sheet metal replaced because of an accident sometime in its forgotten past. There are a few details that give it away. Bondo where there should be lead on the lower window frame, oddly cut fender edges next to the door hinges, and a slightly bent frame rail by the left side motor mount. On the plus side, my front end is rust-free though I have floor and rocker rust.

If we had photos of the underside of this car, we might have a better idea of what happened here.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I'm inclined to think it's a 2000CS with an E9 front-end change. True, the work would be more involved since many things are different but it would have been seen as an upgrade vs the downgrade of putting the older interior in the newer car. A bigger engine and new suspension at the minimum along with the longer sheet metal. The lack of belt trim on the front end of the car implies the sheet metal was worked over.

My 2800cs had its nose sheet metal replaced because of an accident sometime in its forgotten past. There are a few details that give it away. Bondo where there should be lead on the lower window frame, oddly cut fender edges next to the door hinges, and a slightly bent frame rail by the left side motor mount. On the plus side, my front end is rust-free though I have floor and rocker rust.

If we had photos of the underside of this car, we might have a better idea of what happened here.
+1
Another potential clue: rear bumper is all chrome ala 2000CS, front bumper has rubber strip like a 2800.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I think it is a 2800CS with Typ 120 interior. Front bumper is e3, probably from e3 in background. The wheelbases are not the same between the two and I don’t think you could stretch the 120 that much. The final clue is the seat rail release lever which is in the e9 position, the NK lever is under the seat.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I think it is a 2800CS with Typ 120 interior. Front bumper is e3, probably from e3 in background. The wheelbases are not the same between the two and I don’t think you could stretch the 120 that much. The final clue is the seat rail release lever which is in the e9 position, the NK lever is under the seat.

Not to mention that the 2000CS inner fenders are quite a bit different. Then the seemingly original M30 power plant.

11275A28-554E-4186-B7EF-F20CC4F72D65.jpeg