New BAT 1973 3.0 cs - Guess Price?

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I should clarify my comment above. In my opinion, Rob Siegel IS a celebrity. My intent above was that I don't know that he has a direct affiliation with this car, and therefore the "car" may be enjoying celebrity status through osmosis. I want to make sure that is clear. I love you Rob - have all your books and read all your articles. ;)

restart

Reaction score
Well, I was curious what would happen if the tire kickers didn’t kick too hard.
triples the value? Imagine what one could sell for in a vacuum.:rolleyes:

Is there an intergalactic force that allows Bonafide AGAIL [As Good As It Looks] cars to sell for low$
And GFFBFFG [Good From Far But Far From Good] to sell for high$ ?

In the last few months some of the “No Reserve” cars,
Sold for what I imagine was disappointing for sellers.
I think it was E12s, E28, E36M3, and some oddball cars in the rabbit hole.

I am thinking about selling a car on BaT, it was mentioned below in reference to where does one get the highest price.
But also, regarding googoogout and co.
It would be $$$lucrative$$$ to perform some ‘in House’ sales on BaT? And by $$$lucrative***
I DONT mean best:)

floridabmx

Reaction score
And to think I sold a very similar fjord csi for 7k a few years ago. [emoji35]

Gransin

Site Donor
Reaction score
Is there an intergalactic force that allows Bonafide AGAIL [As Good As It Looks] cars to sell for low$
And GFFBFFG [Good From Far But Far From Good] to sell for high$ ?

I was thinking the exact same thing.
I don't get it.
Nope, I don't.

Dan Mooney

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
This car really sold for $41,475 when you factor in the 5% BaT buyer's premium. Extremely well sold, I'd say :eek:

Dan Mooney

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
CSIs are hot, at least on BAT.

good for the seller. Put $50k into it and can be sold for $120-130k.

My rapidly appreciating Fjord Blue CSi was hanging out today in the company of a seven figure Italian friend (sadly not mine) :)

IMG_1299.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1300.JPG
    IMG_1300.JPG
    158.7 KB · Views: 82

tightbox

Reaction score
I'll reiterate my statement that this forum is incredibly unique in our consistent self deprecation (and commensurate depreciation) of the model.

Would the sale price surprise anyone if this was a similar vintage 911S? Why do we collectively work to systematically depress the values of our beloved coupes? I strongly believe they are more beautiful than any 911. Rust problems plague both models...one is in a completely different pay-to-play league, but I can see the e9 catching up if we just let it happen!

Are fake internet points worth nitpicking everyone's sale until nobody feels safe bidding? Maybe we could nitpick the esoteric/rare/cool parts for "points" and tell the purchaser that the euro wood dash on this one is beautiful!

I'm not in mine for investment purposes, however, it truly astonishes me when I see an all out witch hunt to ferret out every last minor imperfection on a listing. This BAT listing had FAR less of that than usual, and we've seen the result. Maybe some feel it was favorable to the seller, while others may feel this is where the market SHOULD be for a CSi in that condition.

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
I'll reiterate my statement that this forum is incredibly unique in our consistent self deprecation (and commensurate depreciation) of the model.

Would the sale price surprise anyone if this was a similar vintage 911S? Why do we collectively work to systematically depress the values of our beloved coupes? I strongly believe they are more beautiful than any 911. Rust problems plague both models...one is in a completely different pay-to-play league, but I can see the e9 catching up if we just let it happen!

Are fake internet points worth nitpicking everyone's sale until nobody feels safe bidding? Maybe we could nitpick the esoteric/rare/cool parts for "points" and tell the purchaser that the euro wood dash on this one is beautiful!

I'm not in mine for investment purposes, however, it truly astonishes me when I see an all out witch hunt to ferret out every last minor imperfection on a listing. This BAT listing had FAR less of that than usual, and we've seen the result. Maybe some feel it was favorable to the seller, while others may feel this is where the market SHOULD be for a CSi in that condition.

I agree completely. I thought this would hammer at $45k when it listed before any guesses, and I was not far off. Frankly, I think the e9 is the most beautiful car ever made, and they are not making more. I think it was well bought and sold. I would LOVE to get your opinion of the value of my car after it is finished painting, although I will NEVER sell it. I am going to be buried in it.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Are we debating whether rough e9's are worth more than less costly, cleaner e9's? Or are we debating whether 911's are overpriced? I almost found myself bidding on a 356 in a paint and interior color combination I favored - but it was nothing more than a rusted, dented pile of deteriorating metal, some seat frames, and a VIN tag. There was no actual paint nor interior, I don't even think it had an engine, and it was at $12k. Thankfully, I realized that was a bad decision. It's hard to disagree with your point. But it only benefits anyone already with a coupe that their value trends toward the bubble. We're a friendly group, and perhaps we're just eager to see good folks get one of the finest lined German cars at a fair ticket price.

I'm one of the folks that don't plan on ever selling their coupe. So aside from my concern over escalating insurance premiums, I guess it only benefits me at this point that to have P-car like values.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Are we debating whether rough e9's are worth more than less costly, cleaner e9's? Or are we debating whether 911's are overpriced? I almost found myself bidding on a 356 in a paint and interior color combination I favored - but it was nothing more than a rusted, dented pile of deteriorating metal, some seat frames, and a VIN tag. There was no actual paint nor interior, I don't even think it had an engine, and it was at $12k. Thankfully, I realized that was a bad decision. It's hard to disagree with your point. But it only benefits anyone already with a coupe that their value trends toward the bubble. We're a friendly group, and perhaps we're just eager to see good folks get one of the finest lined German cars at a fair ticket price.

I'm one of the folks that don't plan on ever selling their coupe. So aside from my concern over escalating insurance premiums, I guess it only benefits me at this point that to have P-car like values.
My Polaris will go to my daughter. Otherwise I too would be buried in it. Nothing like it. Never will be.

Steve

scottd

Reaction score
I generally agree with the comments you make, but restoring a coupe is a much more challenging proposition than a 911. Parts are scarce, rust IS worse, finding a knowledgeable shop is tough, and the general coupe following is not as strong as the early 911 market. I enjoy both and agree that the coupe values are only now starting to catch up. They are beautiful, intricately designed, and truly unique. Hopefully our forum can boost that image even more. I'm happy when a coupe brings strong money.

On a different note, Nobody compares our coupes to same era Mercedes; however, I see the coupesters being similar to the early Mercs also. That market is also stronger than ours.

Scott

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
okay guess bid summary (in order of oldest guess to most recent)

scottevest - 35k
markos - 23k no sale
floridabmx - 45k
rsporsche - 36k ... maybe 40k
autokunst - 33k ... later reduced to 31k
dave v. in nc - 27.9k
rex - 32k ... later revised to 34k
late guess by PC_m635csi - 35k to 38k

so i think we did pretty good overall ... most of us were really in the right ballpark.

Last edited:

TREMK

Reaction score
I showed my wife the pictures last night she said '' 39k all day long''. She let out a big scream when I told her she was five hundred off. Guess she is setting the reserve when I sell.