New Console for the Coupe

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
New Console for My Coupe

The console: Last month, at the Puget Sound Chapter’s Concours, I met a guy that’s making these in two designs – one for ‘02s and one of e9s. We test fit the one had with him and it worked great. The console comes with a slide out cup holder (designed for a Starbuck’s Grande’), black vinyl flip up pad, two storage areas, and optional lock and power port. He designed these for stock seats, so it works even better with my recaros. The design is very well thought out and is made of a light weight black plastic. I’ve being wanting to fabricate something like this for a few years. I wanted a black base to match the upper console/dash and a ‘floating’ pad that matched my leather. Here he had it, ready to go. I bought his first coupe model and asked him to leave off the vinyl. I took the pad and some of my left over leather to a local upholstery shop-told where I wanted the French stitch and voilà!

If anyone's interested in one for their own car, let me know and I'll send you his contact info.

Attachments

• console4.jpg
    console4.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 877
  • console2.jpg
    console2.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 842
  • console3.jpg
    console3.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 884
Last edited:

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks!

Here's his contact info:

Eric Anton
[email protected]

He's charging $188 for each console, l think the lock is extra. His hand written instructions are great and his drawings are amazing. There were a couple of little things I gave him feedback on, but overall it's a great design.

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
What, do you hold your Big Gulp in your lap when you drive??

TodB

Reaction score
Nope, wedged between the e-brake and passenger seat. What could possibly go wrong?:shock:

I'd like to know the group buy rate.

loloe13

Reaction score
group buy!!

group buy, great idea.
looks well made.

Vince, can you tell me how this custom console is fixed to the car? is it screwed onto the gear stick console?
Gavin

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Aussie, amazing how could we all have missed those two all-important questions? Once again, I am humbled by the forum.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
For the refined vintage bmw owners that we are I prefer to use the term "Trenta" :razz:

It would be cool to have a glove box lock cylinder installed and keyed for that little extra touch

shanon

Reaction score
Aussie, brilliant.

And the slippery slope begins...

"the Coolest Coupe Cooler Contest" (both literally & figuratively)

Alright everyone, get to work!

;-)