New Fender liners (Lokari)

Bwana

Reaction score
How much area does a can cover?

I'm assuming you're talking about the Eastman rust encapsulator? A lot! I sprayed inside both upper fenders from both a small gap in the front and the big area inside the upper rear fender. I still have a lot left over. I think I did two coats to be sure.

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
things that no one told you about lokari

i investigated this people of lokari, and a friend that frequently flights to munich told me that their principal business is "the ponton" model (by mercedes)

they buy, repair, and renew mercedes ponton cars, until they sell them for between 50.000 to 80.000 euro

detail of the installations:

IMG00913-20121121-1628.jpg

due to the need of using inner fender protection, they came to be the universal dealer of hand made lokari parts for classic cars

Kizilsakal

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have A 1964 Mercedes SL pagoda and I made fender liners for it out of sheet metal because I removed A bucket full of dirt from inside the chassis and corners of the body. there is a hole in the chassis that defines the crumple zone, where all the dirt goes inside the chassis and starts rust from the inside. since I installed the liners there is no such problem. they are half liners actually. they only cover the back side of the wheel arc.

but looking at the pictures in this post I would definitely put the l brackets behind the liner, that would make a better looking finish and also protect the screws that go through the body more. those screw holes might be a new point where corrosion starts