New Member: Long time E9 fan

Call me crazy but I really like the look of the stock wheels on your car.
I also like the look of the stock wheels. I let my sister choose which wheels she wants on the car for her wedding photos since the e9 was their getaway car. I prefer the way the car rides with the stock wheels as it feels more predictable and comfortable. I suppose the massive sidewalls will do that!

on the tundra coupe, the stock wheels just look so right! if you really want them to look great, buy some Pirelli CN 36 tires for them in 205/70-14 size ... a tiny bit bigger but they are perfect on a coupe. okay this pic is a period correct Alpina 14" ... but you will get the picture.

1689968026655.png

Absolutely love the Car + Love the Wheels!
(They are on my list tobtest out) !
Fantastic Retro / Modern (80‘s) feeling
Would love to see more Pics

Nothing new on the E9. I’ve been tinkering with the Speedo/odometer. I need to get it up in the air and check the Speedo cable going into the transmission. That being said, this single owner 1971 2002 followed me home last week. It’s a very honest and clean car. I’m excited to get into it heavy this winter. My E39 M5 and E34 M5 are both up for sale to make room for another car.
IMG_1312.jpeg

I’ve been busy driving and enjoying the e92 on a few road trips and more local drives in the e9. I’ve collected a handful of parts for the e9 such as vapor barriers, wheel bearings, electric fuel pump, rear diff bushing and a few more odds and ends. I will soon look into why fuse #8 keeps blowing when in use. I suspect a wire under the dash keeps grounding out or something is touching something it shouldn’t. Fuse #8 controls left window switches and the blower motor.

IMG_6242.jpeg

Nice combo of cars!
Thank you!

Yesterday I replaced the fuel pump as I could smell gas fumes in the engine bay. Everything was completely dry prior and after the replacement. I still smell some fumes in the engine bay after driving the car and letting it sit. No leaks. The new one is from Schmeidmann. I’ll continue to monitor it. I’ve also squared away my fuse #8 issue. Windows and blower motor work as they should.

I plan on sourcing a pusher fan as the car tends to heat up in stop and go traffic. More than my liking.
IMG_6369.jpeg

on the tundra coupe, the stock wheels just look so right! if you really want them to look great, buy some Pirelli CN 36 tires for them in 205/70-14 size ... a tiny bit bigger but they are perfect on a coupe. okay this pic is a period correct Alpina 14" ... but you will get the picture.

View attachment 165803
When my BF Goodrich time out or wear out, I want to downsize to these!

Thank you!

Yesterday I replaced the fuel pump as I could smell gas fumes in the engine bay. Everything was completely dry prior and after the replacement. I still smell some fumes in the engine bay after driving the car and letting it sit. No leaks. The new one is from Schmeidmann. I’ll continue to monitor it. I’ve also squared away my fuse #8 issue. Windows and blower motor work as they should.

I plan on sourcing a pusher fan as the car tends to heat up in stop and go traffic. More than my liking. View attachment 184397
I have a SPAL pusher number 30102056 in front of my condensor. Much more efficient than the tiny little fan that came with the car. My radiator had a bung for a temp sensor near the bottom hose, so I also added a 85C switch and wired the pusher so that it comes on either when the A/C is operating or when coolant temp at the bottom hose goes above 85C.

I have a SPAL pusher number 30102056 in front of my condensor. Much more efficient than the tiny little fan that came with the car. My radiator had a bung for a temp sensor near the bottom hose, so I also added a 85C switch and wired the pusher so that it comes on either when the A/C is operating or when coolant temp at the bottom hose goes above 85C.
This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you very much!

I recently replaced the driver side door brake with the MB part. During the removal of the door panel, the top door handle cover turned out to be extremely brittle and fell apart as I unscrewed it from the panel. All four front window switches are functional now and work in a consistent manner. Lastly, I had a muffler shop adjust the Fritz Bits exhaust as I’ve had fitment issues for the last two years with it. It now sounds great!
IMG_6502.jpeg
IMG_6907.jpeg
IMG_6909.jpeg
IMG_6910.jpeg

Back