No Reserve: BMW E9 Parts Collection on BaT located in FL

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
NMNA - you guys can have all kinds of fun picking through all this stuff. The passenger side dash already stood out with an "interesting" mod w/ the multiple gauges. MOAR gauges please!

Is this someone on here?

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
M102 blocks? I see more than a few 2000CS and 2002 parts mixed in there as well, everything looks like more than just well used!

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I would think with a lot like this that a line item inventory with a description, complete with all "warts", of each item would be necessary. I would hope BaT would insist on it. I can't imagine a serious bid without it (or is that just my penny pinching self talking? o_O ).

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
It’s a gamble pure and simple with a huge shipping and storage bill involved.
Like they say- ” be careful what you ask for- you just might get it.”

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
if any of the diffs are LSD, you will be whole ... if not, i see a few things that could have value, it will of course come down to the actual condition. best of luck Don

Oldbmwcoupes

Reaction score
I think I see a very small piece of an Alpina steering wheel in the foreground of one of the container bin pics. Also, to my knowledge weren’t the only side loader diffs with reservoirs all LSD. Also, partial rear bumper in a pic. Of course the alpina rims... staggered? Interesting for sure.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
hard to tell the condition of the alpinas. refinishing is required. i see the piece of the alpina steering wheel - in horrible shape. i think Paul is correct, stupid money. a lot of stuff that somebody is going to spend a lot of money to ship and probably won't recover the money spent. i wouldn't even bid on what's already bid.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Storage Wars with more photos. I used to buy collision parts taken off wrecks from body shops. A pile of parts. I'd identify a few of the better parts and put a value in them and consider the rest garbage. The profit usually worked out pretty consistent. Even with an itemized list its a huge guess at value.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
one man's junk is another man's treasure ... there are a few items of potential treasure, but i am afraid that there is a ton of garbage. the question is what the condition of the potential treasure and what the cost to recondition is to get real value. i bought one stash 10 years ago or so, but i saw it before i paid for it and knew what i was buying ... i'm not going down that rabbit hole again

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I got a stash of parts for free from Maxfish - parts remaining from a coupe he disassembled in order to make a race car. He had sold the shell, trim, interior, engine and dif. I got the rest. I was also involved in helping Tom Baruch dispose of his massive stash of parts. https://e9coupe.com/forum/threads/parts-hoard-moving-sale.31112/post-252830

The labor involved in combing through and assessing the condition of used parts is massive. And this cannot be delegated. It must be done by someone who knows our cars well.

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
This will sell for stupid money.
I agree with Paul.
Does anyone really think that Frankenstein instrument panel once resided in an e9? I can’t even see it in a race car.
Bonus 2002 pedal box included. It’s like buying a box of Cracker Jacks when I was a kid and hoping that the “free” prize inside was something cool. It never was.
Extra added surprise is the non-BMW steering column switch stalk in this picture. it’s just behind the fried Alpina style steering wheel.

C149DFAA-05A0-4FDB-8F37-6F453F76EA70.jpeg

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
BaT is evolving I guess. Maybe 3 years ago, I tried to get them to take my uber rare Staggered 4x100 15x7 and 15x7.5 BBS RSs. They were perfect with new Michelins. BaT wouldn't touch them. Meanwhile, every week they had an auction for a different set of Fuchs. Now they are having auctions for all kinds of parts, signs, etc.. I kind of like seeing it all.

paul cain

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
@sfdon this is about 45 min from me if you are interested, I can rummage through it all this weekend and report back
Steve's offer is exceedingly valuable if you are going to be a bidder. This could play out in one of two ways: Public or Private.

Someone approaches Steve and offers to pay for his time and travel to this storage war location. This lot is probably 3-4 hours to assess. Steve gets the backstory, brings a 36mm breaker bar (M90 Crank frozen?) and spins all the diff's. Steve returns with an experts assessment of the condition of the good stuff, M90, Alpina's, Alum trim, suspension, etc. This someone then has exclusive access to this information as basis to know when to stop bidding - a really low cost insurance policy.

Or

Public -Steve does this as 'public service' and posts the results on this forum and on the BaT auction - laying bare the detailed truth for a completely level playing field. This plays out differently - In the words of Bill Murray in Caddyshack, "there won't be any money, but when the auction closes on BaT you will receive 38 thumbs up'' So he will have that going for him, which i'll be nice. Gunnga LaGunnga.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
With flat top pistons and turbo isn’t this a low compression M102 motor? One of the diffs is 2002 plus 2002 grilles and a set of 2000CS grilles too. There may be more 2002 stuff buried in there.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Steve's offer is exceedingly valuable if you are going to be a bidder. This could play out in one of two ways: Public or Private.

Someone approaches Steve and offers to pay for his time and travel to this storage war location. This lot is probably 3-4 hours to assess. Steve gets the backstory, brings a 36mm breaker bar (M90 Crank frozen?) and spins all the diff's. Steve returns with an experts assessment of the condition of the good stuff, M90, Alpina's, Alum trim, suspension, etc. This someone then has exclusive access to this information as basis to know when to stop bidding - a really low cost insurance policy.

Or

Public -Steve does this as 'public service' and posts the results on this forum and on the BaT auction - laying bare the detailed truth for a completely level playing field. This plays out differently - In the words of Bill Murray in Caddyshack, "there won't be any money, but when the auction closes on BaT you will receive 38 thumbs up'' So he will have that going for him, which i'll be nice. Gunnga LaGunnga.

Steve has reached out to the seller to take his accomodation temperature. Unfortunately the stuff is now back in boxes on shelves and the owner of the goods is overseas, further complicating things. I would need a helper to move boxes down etc which I could arrange. Seeing how all this evolves.