No Reserve: BMW E9 Parts Collection on BaT located in FL

paul cain

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Does m90 have flat top pistons?
With all the other modified parts in this gaggle, I have no confidence these pistons are the originals. However, you can tell this is an M90 block because the cylinder walls are siamesed together. There is no water circulation between the cylinder bores on this block.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Group edit on this list to figure out true value of this auction. Actual cash value on each item
I'll go first:
Edit away until we have consensus. I am oh so happy to be wrong on these prices.

$1500 M90 mystery core
$3000 Alpina set of four (cores)
$2000 All aluminum trim
$800 Weber Carbs
$400 worn out Bilsteins (many)
$500 aggressively chopped struts suitable for race cars or any new 18 yr old 2002 owner
$600 cylinder heads
$500 Dash wood pieces all (including that Cessna 172 wanna be cluster)
$400 E9 Gauges
$700 Turbo motor stored in salt water
$1500 all other misc.
$1500 Japanese BBS's
$400 E9 gas tank

About $14k acquisition cost + 5% to BaT ($700) call it $15k.

Now the reality:
Shipping $1800
Storage for six months $1800, because Steve Hose doesn't want these in his new back yard.

Ask Chris Macha and Mike Pelly how many hours it took us to liquidate the last batch of E9 parts. Chris had the burden of posting and shipping.

Rough guestimate: it would take 200 hours to photograph, post, package and ship this stuff. It would take 6 months. About 33 hours a month.
We all value our time, and at $100 / hr. @ 200 hours
That's $20,000.00, with the storage and shipping its $23,600.00.

This BaT project is only negative by ($8,600.00)
i think your values are pretty fair if the wheels + trim are refinished, and there is significant cost for that. the one thing that is probably the most hidden value are the csl fender trims - although a limited market. the csi tank, if in great shape, is perhaps undervalued as it has the sender + suction

Wes

Site Donor $
Reaction score
So are we throwing a kitty together to bid?
I'm a player on the roached Alpina wheel and some dash sections if so.
Also happy to help with inspection/packing if the forum will stump up the airfares and an Uber :D

shanon

Reaction score
If anyone acquires this pile, I'd be happy to purchase the single angled velocity stack on the Weber DCOE (pic 49 of 74) ;)

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
If anyone acquires this pile, I'd be happy to purchase the single angled velocity stack on the Weber DCOE (pic 49 of 74) ;)

Ditto, I'd be happy to purchase the Southern Ways wheels. I might have to fight teahead for them though. :D

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
looks like @Candia4441 really wants this stash. if you buy it and don't want the airbox in bottom left of pic 9 (right of the tranny bellhousing) - let me know

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I have reached out offering to buy the M90

Fingers crossed

floridabmx

Reaction score
I was going to bid as I’m only on the other side of Florida but for $5500 I’d rather not. Burnt out on selling stuff. There could be $10k in stuff there but the hard part is always selling the stuff.

Also the seller said none of the diffs were LSDs either FWIW.

floridabmx

Reaction score
BaT is evolving I guess. Maybe 3 years ago, I tried to get them to take my uber rare Staggered 4x100 15x7 and 15x7.5 BBS RSs. They were perfect with new Michelins. BaT wouldn't touch them. Meanwhile, every week they had an auction for a different set of Fuchs. Now they are having auctions for all kinds of parts, signs, etc.. I kind of like seeing it all.

Yeah they lowballed me on an e9 I had once for the reserve years ago so I didn’t list… sold it privately and then denied me for a bunch of other parts.

But BAT recently sold not too long ago maybe a year or two so now anyone can list anything now.