One word. Plastics

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thank you! Yes, I gear up pretty well. Lone gloves, glasses, respirator, etc.

I'll look into the LDPE buckets.

Wobdog

a.k.a Mike
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
If you have any issues or want to know if you are getting a good deal let me know. My company only deals with the more high end suppliers like Nalge and Belart but if you need to know what our cost on anything is I would me more than happy to help you out Things under $100 I could also send you no charge if you find it on vwr.com US site

mulberryworks

Mr. Fixity
Site Donor
Reaction score
Please don't use AC condensate to water your lawn, it is basically distilled water and that is not good. Engineers on our new hospital building proposed the use of the AC condensate to water lawn and trees since the city wanted a "runoff" plan. Grass and trees were dead after one season. No electrolytes.

You need to find a large ceramic planter without a hole perhaps?
I hear you, but am wondering this: Isn't rainwater basically distilled water, other than picking up some particulate matter on the way down?
Regardless, our lawn and trees get regular watering from the Jacksonville municipal water supply which is quite hard and I'm sure some of those minerals count as electrolytes. With the summer heat, I've just been spreading the condensate around a bit as a supplement rather than letting it go to ground next to the house.

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
Not a hydro engineer but let's just say, none of us are using rain water in our cooling systems.