Original wheels, windshield

garydunn808

Reaction score
I live in Honolulu, so shipping costs are a bigger issue than for many of you. I am restoring a 73 E9, still a long way to go. I spotted an E9 recently on island, with original wheels. Mine got converted to newer, wider rims. I would prefer to have the original look.

How much does a set of 4 original wheels in good condition usually go for? By good I mean need paint but otherwise usable.

Anything special about the lug nuts?

I broke my windshield removing it. What do those go for and how is the availability?

My goal here is to make a reasonable offer on the car that will get me four wheels and a windshield, and maybe a few more useful bits and pieces. No shipping, but then there is towing ...

Thanks in advance.

execmalibu

Reaction score
Aftermarket windshields are $230 installed...

I am having a new windshield installed tomorrow and was quoted $230

ProSource Glass

Reaction score
BMW E9 Windshields

We can supply the windshields reasonable but the freight costs are high no matter who you use. I do have a distributor we can sell you the windshield thru who may have a small enough box/ crate but i am guessing the freight costs alone are in the $200 range.. if interested in pursuing let me know. Email direct [email protected] or toll free 877-345-2800. Richard

dp

Site Donor
Reaction score
I am having a new windshield installed tomorrow and was quoted $230

I have never seen an aftermarket windshield that fit right.
And on our coupes, if they don't fit right, they always leak.

execmalibu

Reaction score
The windshields are perfect but the new factory BMW rubbers are too small!

The new seals from BMW are junk!

I used a new from BMW rubber seal on the original windshield and it was too small in the corners... The glass cracked 4 days after being installed and the new Chinese Glass with the new BMW rubber actually fits a little bit better... The rubber is still not covering the bottom corners like original...

Dean

Reaction score
Windshield rubber

I had the same problem with the BMW replacement rubber. It was too small and the corners didn't cover. On a whim I bought one on Ebay from a guy in Malaysia . He was a parts dealer. It fit perfectly. His email address is [email protected] I know the frustration. Hopefully he has more

dp

Site Donor
Reaction score
call Carl Nelson and he will set you up with the right stuff...

IS3FIFTY

Reaction score
Short BMW seal is not junk... just wrong p/n!

The new seals from BMW are junk!
I used a new from BMW rubber seal on the original windshield and it was too small in the corners... The glass cracked 4 days after being installed and the new Chinese Glass with the new BMW rubber actually fits a little bit better... The rubber is still not covering the bottom corners like original...

I had the same problem with the BMW replacement rubber. It was too small and the corners didn't cover. On a whim I bought one on Ebay from a guy in Malaysia . He was a parts dealer. It fit perfectly. His email address is [email protected] I know the frustration. Hopefully he has more

Same problem here... my BMW seal is too small, so went to La Jolla to buy a new one. Here is the scoop: the short seal is actually for the 2002 and not for the Coupe.
- p/n # for E9 rear window seal: 51 31 774 0154
- p/n # for 2002 rear window seal: 51 31 744 0154

So you either were handled the wrong bag at the parts counter (the guy at the parts counter mixed up the 2 p/n) or if you have the correct p/n on the bag, then it's the packaging guy who's cross eyed :roll:

Trucopey

Reaction score
Wheels

I have a used set of original wheels in desent shape for $75 plus shipping. Let me know. If you want I can send you pictures.

Alex
561-601-3080