parts wanted for E9 auto..

bimoverde

Site Donor
Reaction score
I am looking for one of the head light metal housing as per the picture below..
Also looking for An Ac radiator fan.. mine is a little noisy..i could have it rebuilt.. the challenge is getting the plastic fan loose from the motor...took the nut out but can't seem to get the motor loose from the fan...worried about braking the plastic fan.. any tricks?Are this fan motors available new? are plastic fans available new?

all help appreciated...
After developing a leak on the cooling radiator and a leak on one of the ac hoses.. decided to check the cooling fan in front and yes it is probably on it's way out (seems to be making a bit of a trashing sound when rotated...
The good news is this car was never taped in the front...

Attachments

• IMG_9016 2.jpg
    IMG_9016 2.jpg
    430.3 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_9017.jpg
    IMG_9017.jpg
    471.3 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_8997.jpg
    IMG_8997.jpg
    264.5 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_9022.jpg
    IMG_9022.jpg
    319.8 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_9024.jpg
    IMG_9024.jpg
    312.1 KB · Views: 77

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
I am looking for one of the head light metal housing as per the picture below..
Also looking for An Ac radiator fan.. mine is a little noisy..i could have it rebuilt.. the challenge is getting the plastic fan loose from the motor...took the nut out but can't seem to get the motor loose from the fan...worried about braking the plastic fan.. any tricks?Are this fan motors available new? are plastic fans available new?

all help appreciated...
After developing a leak on the cooling radiator and a leak on one of the ac hoses.. decided to check the cooling fan in front and yes it is probably on it's way out (seems to be making a bit of a trashing sound when rotated...
The good news is this car was never taped in the front...

it is doable, take alook:

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
The bearing wears and can be replaced. Did this job a few years ago. Once I identified the correct, original bearing, it was just a case of taking apart, cleaning, inserting new bearing. It then operated effectively and is much quieter.
SAM_4782.JPG

bimoverde

Site Donor
Reaction score
this is all so helpful...I love this BB the members are so knowledgeable and willing to share.. I have other cars and i wish other model forums would emulate your generosity and responsiveness..

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
@bimoverde ,

I am in need of a complete assembly with HL wiper provisions. I have a total of six bu, so if you have what I need I would be happy to trade. The buckets with HL wiper provisions have three holes in the frame between the high and low bucket.

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hello Bimoverde! I also have a plethora of parts that you may need, I am nowhere near as knowledgeable as the members above but if you need a part and they don't have it you can ask away. I have a good stock automatic radiator, and a bunch of A/C parts that I'd be happy to let go for a low price. I also have a shipping department in my warehouse. I have been "flaky" in my shipping of parts when people ask for them in the past -but I'm getting much better! :)

bimoverde

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi
surgery took place but it did not really go as expected. The blower fan was totally stuck to the blower motor.. no matter how much w40 and light pressure from a press..nothing moved..until it all went south..the fan cracked..
So i was able to extract the motor from the fan..then i understood that there would not have been anyway to separate the center bushing of the fan from the shaft motor(rusted on the shaft.. I had to bring and cut slowly to get the metal bushing away from the motor shaft..
The bearing was indeed gone..now i will need a new plastic fan or a are assembly to work with..
so i am once more looking for an evaporator fan for my E9 as pictured(i have all the hardware .. just looking for a good fan or one that i can sacrifice to get the plastic fan...

H E L P..

Attachments

• IMG_9044.jpg
    IMG_9044.jpg
    292.1 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_9045.jpg
    IMG_9045.jpg
    238.1 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_9046.jpg
    IMG_9046.jpg
    228 KB · Views: 69

bimoverde

Site Donor
Reaction score
looking for a replacement i found this.. could i just install this new motor and fan on the existing bracket? has anyone experienced doing this?
1322660_x800.jpg

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure I throw every one of those original fans away. Might have one in the back of shop.
Installed a spall today. Welcome to come check it out.
In Alameda.

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
And .... I found one in a corner!

Attachments

• 649E1848-3C6C-4839-AB55-0DC062FED6C1.jpeg
    649E1848-3C6C-4839-AB55-0DC062FED6C1.jpeg
    116.4 KB · Views: 71