Project Jabberjaw Part 2

atan888

Reaction score
Sorry guys but I accidentally deleted the entire photobucket of the first thread. Allow me to repost to share its progress to everyone.

From the start :D

She is a 73 3.0cs with a M90 3.5 (L) stamped motor / Jetronic . She had a euro rear with lots of euro upgrade including a buffalo hide leather interior w/ Zebra wood . Per Mobile tradition she started as a 73 Fjord blu 3.0cs.

atan888

Reaction score
Sorry guys but I accidentally deleted the entire photobucket of the first thread. Allow me to repost to share its progress to everyone.

From the start :D

She is a 73 3.0cs with a M90 3.5 (L) stamped motor / Jetronic . She had a euro rear with lots of euro upgrade including a buffalo hide leather interior w/ Zebra wood . Per Mobile tradition she started as a 73 Fjord blu 3.0cs.

Last edited:

atan888

Reaction score
Whats been done so far :wink:

All new tie rods
control arm & H&R sways
Coupeking exhaust installed
5 spd dogleg CR tranny
New engine mounts

Body work :

Scraped to bare metal
Pounded all body damage
Cut and cured all rust on roof and top of fenders.
Applied polyester , blocked
Welded all holes
applied etching primer on all exposed metal and reprimed

All done in 4 months :D

Whats next :

Reblock the primer.
Make sure all lines are crisp and sharp then paint and clear.
Refinish all wood panels.
New carpet, headliner and custom red leather interior and 2 front Scheelmann seats.
Refinish all Alpina wheels and install new rubber:D

x_atlas0

Reaction score
I've always liked the look of the fully cleaned metal coupes. I almost wish you could just put a clearcoat on it and leave it perfectly paintless, like the very few stainless steel coupes.

As for the rubber, just wait until you get the prices for those parts. Ugh, made me cringe.

x_atlas0

Reaction score
I've always liked the look of the fully cleaned metal coupes. I almost wish you could just put a clearcoat on it and leave it perfectly paintless, like the very few stainless steel coupes.

As for the rubber, just wait until you get the prices for those parts. Ugh, made me cringe.

atan888

Reaction score
I have been collecting parts since I bought the car. All new BMW rubbers and windshield from the dealer check also had all the bumpers rechromed :D

New Ice check :wink:

atan888

Reaction score
Ready for paint :D

Etching primer applied to all the edges and jams :wink:

Then base coat :lol:

Fusor

atan888

Reaction score
My seats also arrived today. Scheelmann fronts wrapped in wine Napa Leather (Porsche) with black stitching . Rears are custom to match.

Front and rear 8)

Also matching perf leather centers.

atan888

Reaction score
Today I had all the seams sealed with flexible seam sealer and had Fusor undercoating applied all around. Next she gets painted :D

atan888

Reaction score
Today is the day =)

After massive blocking back in the booth he goes :D

Base coat applied 4x

CLEARED :D

Laldog

Site Donor
Reaction score
Paint choices

Your car is looking great. I am very envious.

I getting ready to paint my coupe and I'm curious as to what type of primer (manufacturer and brand name) did you go with and the same for base coat and clear.

Any compelling reasons supporting your choice??

Thanks.

atan888

Reaction score
Re: Paint choices

laldog said:
Your car is looking great. I am very envious.

I getting ready to paint my coupe and I'm curious as to what type of primer (manufacturer and brand name) did you go with and the same for base coat and clear.

Any compelling reasons supporting your choice??

Thanks.
Thanks Ive always used Standox Germany from etching primer all the way to clear to all my restored cars. You cant go wrong with it. I am very satisfied with the results. :)

kwyjibo

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Alvin,
Jabberjaw is looking good.
I never got back to you with photos of the Petri installed, not to hijack your thread, but attached is a recent photo (from one of the few sunny days this summer) of my car.
Thanks again!

Attachments

MGraves

Reaction score
hey guys? to enable the private messaging. click "User CP", go to "Edit Options", scroll down the page till you see private messaging and click the check box to enable private messaging. hope that helps!

MGraves

Reaction score
just tryin to help you guys out with the new forum! its exactly like r3vlimited.com so im a little used to it.