Reaction score
Installed the stripes I had copied.

Picture257.jpg

Picture256.jpg

Picture253.jpg

Last edited:

Delia

Reaction score
Im very happy with the body work. They maticulously revived every single body line all straight and sharp.

Glad to see you and Gabriel have responded so well to my near-constant harping about those body creases. :)

After your 2002 Turbo was compared side-by-side with another Turbo at the Brisbane Show this past Spring where we compared the (crispness of) roof creases, it appears as if you got the message.

(I'm sure there were 2002s present where the roof creases had been completely obliterated.)

On the your Jabberjaw E9, the lower body crease is straight, crisp and and sharp - from the front wheel opening to the rear -- and artful restoration of the factory lines.

Excellent work! Something of which to be proud!

Delia

Tundra

Reaction score
I absolutely do not mean to be facetious but what is the difference between "staggered" alpina's and stock BMW rims. To me , they look exactly the same except for the hub caps and "alpina " markings. I am obviously missing something but I don't know what.

Bill Riblett

(deceased)
Reaction score
I absolutely do not mean to be facetious but what is the difference between "staggered" alpina's and stock BMW rims. To me , they look exactly the same except for the hub caps and "alpina " markings. I am obviously missing something but I don't know what.
I could not figure out what post you are responding to, but here is an answer of sorts.

I assume "stock BMW rims" here refers to the 14x7 CSL alloys, which used the same size wheel on all 4 corners. The "staggered Alpinas" commonly refers to 16" wheels with 7" wide front wheels and 8" wide rear wheels.

Tundra

Reaction score
I could not figure out what post you are responding to, but here is an answer of sorts.

I assume "stock BMW rims" here refers to the 14x7 CSL alloys, which used the same size wheel on all 4 corners. The "staggered Alpinas" commonly refers to 16" wheels with 7" wide front wheels and 8" wide rear wheels.

Thanks Bill. I was referring to the picture on top of p5 of this thread with the picture of the Alpina wheels. Looking at the picture I could not see a difference to the wheels I have hence my question.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Spectacular!

Can I get a close up viewing?
I will be in San Francisco next week for business.
Maybe Wednesday late afternoon or evening?
I will be in Union Sq.
Stan

atan888

Reaction score
Today is a good day!

Thanks to Don L. and Terry C. My coupe is now running. Took him today to get the toe adj. Next is to install the CSL front spoiler and fix all the bugs then she is done.

DSC03171.jpg

DSC03173.jpg

Sven

Site Donor $
Reaction score
A couple of questions: Does the sound deadening material on top of the wheel wells really help all that much? It seems, with the engine there, that the compartment space is already noisy, and that the most critical space to insulate is the fire wall area (between cabin and engine bay). I am reluctant to put the material back on my coupe since is was partly responsible for trapping moisture and rusting out the top of the inner fenders.

Are you using the eccentric bushing at the two pivot mounts to the rear subframe to allow adjustability of the toe in at the rear wheels? Or is there another way?

Thanks,

Bill Riblett

(deceased)
Reaction score
Hi Paul,
I was fortunate to meet Alvin at the West Coast Concours last summer and see his 2002 Turbo and E30 M3. They look even better than the pictures.
Bill