Show your...Steering wheel(s)

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Pretty excited to share this one with you guys, and looking for a little info as well. I just landed this gorgeous, original, 38cm CSL Momo Alpina Wheel. Just an amazing looking and feeling wheel, it’s not perfect of course as with all 40+ year old wheels, but the size, grip, and leather are amazing. Everything about the wheel checks out, the design, grain of the leather and aluminum, the Alpina engraving, the stitching, the font on the Made In Italy, everything, with the experts I have shown it too so far. The only exception and weird thing is that ‘Momo’ is not stamped on it anywhere. Now, I have seen other Momo wheels without the Momo stamp on, and these were such a limited production item its not totally surprising. My best guess is that it’s a later one similar to the around the mid-‘70’a wheels that just have Made in Italy on the back. Anyway, there are so few pictures of CSL wheels available, and even less of the backside, I’m wondering is anyone else has more info? Either way I am still very excited to have this rarity! Thanks! John

Gorgeous John! The amount of momo variations is maddening. My 380 Alpina has a straight momo logo. Hans and a few other members have a stacked logo. The important thing is that there is no logo on the front of the wheel, which is correct for all but a handful of Alpina wheels.

The leather and wheel face look fantastic!

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
These just arrived!

Personal 400s 01.jpg
Personal 400s 02.jpg
Personal 400s 03.jpg

Dohn

Reaction score
Wow, love the one with the two-tone wood. The blond wood is unique, as well, but the other would go better with my dash. Those shiny spokes might be a distraction, but they are beautiful! See you at the Vintage!

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Wow, love the one with the two-tone wood. The blond wood is unique, as well, but the other would go better with my dash. Those shiny spokes might be a distraction, but they are beautiful! See you at the Vintage!

I have the same wheel in original unpolished condition. I need to clean it up a bit and sell it. At least with mine, the "blonde wood" is actually a plastic strip. It was originally white but the clear coat discolors over time. I know that Nardi/Personal wheels did have a wood insert early on, so I can't speak to the one above. Mine is very old and that one could be older.

B22F37E9-AA0E-4108-9E48-F862D42235FF.jpeg

Dan Mooney

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Had to dig out the Le Mans so i snapped a photo:

Missing the 390mm Nardi, a CSI sport wheel, and a Jackie Stewart.
View attachment 45991
Markos, please turn the light on or use a flash :D My garage is actually bright as hell, I’m not sure why it came out like that. Hides all of the flaws. Almost all my wheels are undergoing restoration.

Last edited by a moderator:

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Wow! Although that’s definately one wheel too many. I’ll relieve you by taking the bottom right wheel, if that helps...:)