The Vintage Asheville/Hot Springs NC 2021 Who's going? May 20-22. Postponed to Sept 16-18

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
From Scott Sturdy:

Well, here we go again folks :-(

Last week I was talking with my contact at Hot Springs Resort and Spa and they said the Mayor of Hot Springs and also the spa's insurance provider are hesitant about any large event in May.

The only thing I could do was reschedule The Vintage.....again.

There were not many Fall dates to pick from , but they did have September 18th available. SOOOOO The Vintage 2021 is officially rescheduled to September 16-18, 2021.

If you are reading this email, that means you are registered.

BEFORE YOU FREAK OUT ABOUT YOUR CLARION HOTEL RESERVATION, the good folks at Clarion have been busting their butts to transfer all reservations made for the May dates, to the new dates in September. Meaning if you had a reservation in May at Clarion, you now have a reservation in September at Clarion.

DO NOT call The Clarion trying to book a room, they are sold out. they said they would let me know when rooms become available.

ONLY call The Clarion if you want to cancel your reservation.

Only cancel your registration for The Vintage if you know you can not make the new dates.

If you are upset by this news, just realize that I am twice as upset as you.

Now some good news, the BMW CCA Foundation are still having their festivities on May 22, click on this PDF for more info:

The Vintage Foundation.pdf

Mot27cars

Site Donor
Reaction score
From Scott Sturdy:

Well, here we go again folks :-(

Last week I was talking with my contact at Hot Springs Resort and Spa and they said the Mayor of Hot Springs and also the spa's insurance provider are hesitant about any large event in May.

The only thing I could do was reschedule The Vintage.....again.

There were not many Fall dates to pick from , but they did have September 18th available. SOOOOO The Vintage 2021 is officially rescheduled to September 16-18, 2021.

If you are reading this email, that means you are registered.

BEFORE YOU FREAK OUT ABOUT YOUR CLARION HOTEL RESERVATION, the good folks at Clarion have been busting their butts to transfer all reservations made for the May dates, to the new dates in September. Meaning if you had a reservation in May at Clarion, you now have a reservation in September at Clarion.

DO NOT call The Clarion trying to book a room, they are sold out. they said they would let me know when rooms become available.

ONLY call The Clarion if you want to cancel your reservation.

Only cancel your registration for The Vintage if you know you can not make the new dates.

If you are upset by this news, just realize that I am twice as upset as you.

Now some good news, the BMW CCA Foundation are still having their festivities on May 22, click on this PDF for more info:

The Vintage Foundation.pdf
Was just going to post the same.... sad

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
So Gary - when you say "I have room", exactly how many people could you put up for a few days?

Dohn

Reaction score
To anyone who just wants to get out of the house, I'm still going to Asheville, as is Andrew, with Athena. The Foundation is having their closing for the amazing Genesis exhibit, there are plant tours available, and you can sign up for a mix of driving events at the Performance Center. I also think some folks are putting together a driving tour. It may not be the Vintage, but it still sounds like a great time.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Does that mean you (or others) are not going to the re-scheduled Vintage in September? Since Amy and I are flying down and our ticket value is only transferable, we're assuming we'll come down for the rescheduled event. But that's only if some e9ers still plan on heading there. ;)

Luis A.

Site Donor
Reaction score
Ok so this is making me rethink... I’m not able to attend the rescheduled event in September and like many of us, I really was looking forward to a road trip in the coupe...

Mmhhhh... anyone else in for an E9 event...?

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Unable to make the rescheduled Asheville/Hot Vintage in September. Still attending the closing of The BMW CCA Foundation's Genesis exhibit Friday May 21st.

halboyles

Site Donor
Reaction score
Stephanie and I will not be going to The Vintage after all. We will instead be going to the Mid-America 02Fest in Eureka Springs, AK which had been scheduled for this same September weekend six months ago. I know available time slots for such large events are scarce, but rescheduling The Vintage at the last minute when there was another large vintage BMW event at the same time is a very disappointing move by the event organizers.