The Vintage Asheville/Hot Springs NC 2021 Who's going? May 20-22. Postponed to Sept 16-18

tmh

Reaction score
The Smoky Mountains will be that much nicer in September, beginning of fall colors! A very nice consolation gift.

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I will go to the BMWCCA Foundation Genesis show on May 21 as originally scheduled. I live in Atlanta and can drive up and back home the same day.
Many of my local friends will come along.
I can attend in Sept and planning to be there.
Hope many of you will come and we can all park together as I had planned and worked out.
Take care, it will be a long summer.

I am entered in the Highlands Motoring Festival June 12. Some of the Genesis cars will be in that show before returning to their respective homes.
If you can, come see us there. Hotels are scarce in Highlands though. But many nearby towns and beautiful scenery and driving roads.

Gary

Dohn

Reaction score
I'll be going to Greer next month and Asheville in September. I decided to stay at the Courtyard by Marriott in Greer, since it's convenient to the plant and Foundation activities. There are a lot of folks talking about coming down to the Genesis closing on Friday, and I figure someone will have a driving tour or gathering planned for Saturday. Come on down!

3.0seeker

Reaction score
There is a group on FaceBook , "Enough is Enough, I'm Still Going", that is organizing a pseudo-vintage gathering in lieu of the originally scheduled event. I have reached out to the local BMW CCA to have a conversation about all of us meeting on the Foundation property Saturday AM, the 22nd. As Dohn mentioned above, some of these guys are putting together driving tours. Koppinger Performance in Black Mountain, (the group that built my E9) has offered to host a cookout Friday the 21st for us as part of the tour. This is entirely a grass roots effort to try to get together and put these cars on the road. Any suggestions or recommendations are welcomed either here or on the FB page.
Terry

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
There is a group on FaceBook , "Enough is Enough, I'm Still Going", that is organizing a pseudo-vintage gathering in lieu of the originally scheduled event. I have reached out to the local BMW CCA to have a conversation about all of us meeting on the Foundation property Saturday AM, the 22nd. As Dohn mentioned above, some of these guys are putting together driving tours. Koppinger Performance in Black Mountain, (the group that built my E9) has offered to host a cookout Friday the 21st for us as part of the tour. This is entirely a grass roots effort to try to get together and put these cars on the road. Any suggestions or recommendations are welcomed either here or on the FB page.
Terry
This is the one I'm seeing. Is that the same as yours?
SATURDAY, MAY 22, 2021 AT 9 AM EDT – 3 PM EDT
Europäisch BMW Vintage Auto Show

3.0seeker

Reaction score
This is the one I'm seeing. Is that the same as yours?
SATURDAY, MAY 22, 2021 AT 9 AM EDT – 3 PM EDT
Europäisch BMW Vintage Auto Show
No sir, that one is in Apex, NC. 4 hours from the Foundation Museum.
Here's the one I'm referring to:

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
FYI- I had a conversation with Scott Sturdy last week. He wanted to know if we were still planning on bringing multiple E9's?
I assured him that we were, and the last count on here was close to 20.
He liked that and reinforced the idea that the E9 would the FEATURED car at The Vintage in September.
Bring them on guys.

Gary

Dohn

Reaction score
Are you referring to the Hilton Head Concours? I'm going to the Vintage in September and then to the BMW CCA Oktoberfest that's being tied into the HH Concours in November. Been lashed to the house for too long; time to slip the leash and run!

HonaloochieBoogie

Reaction score
FYI- I had a conversation with Scott Sturdy last week. He wanted to know if we were still planning on bringing multiple E9's?
I assured him that we were, and the last count on here was close to 20.
He liked that and reinforced the idea that the E9 would the FEATURED car at The Vintage in September.
Bring them on guys.

Gary
I’m way too stubborn to not go. Really looking forward to the event and hoping to meet up with many people I’ve only read posts from on this site. I’m bringing my CSi and hope we have a great e9 turnout.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Amy and I are planning to come to Asheville in September. No coupe, but maybe I'll have the chassis photo printed on a t-shirt for some level of representation. I can also bring a pocket full of shiny re-plated parts. :D

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Amy and I are planning to come to Asheville in September. No coupe, but maybe I'll have the chassis photo printed on a t-shirt for some level of representation. I can also bring a pocket full of shiny re-plated parts. :D

I think the idea of strapping the coupe on top of an SUV in its current state and bringing it along is fabuluous.