Triple Webers and brake booster fit?

mark99

Site Donor
Reaction score
Does the stock brake booster fit with triple Webers?
I have heard both yes and no
I am using the reproduction Alpina set up, the 'air horns' turn up 90 degrees from the carburetor inlet into a plenum

frogish

Reaction score
Stock brake booster will almost collide with the center carb.
I changed it to a 2002 booster (not Tii) and I am now able to run ca 30 mm long stacks and angled stacks would be no problem.
This is what it looked like the first time I put the carbs in with stock brake booster.

frogish

Reaction score
Wow, do they have a flat spot on the elbow to clear the booster or are the manifolds "straight"? Mine are offset a bit to clear the thermostat housing.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
A tuner company back in the day (Viktor Gunther-still exists) that made intake manifolds for the M30 that cleared the thermostat housing and angled up to clear the booster. Quite rare. I have a one piece one, they also made 3 piece ones that look like yours, if you post a close up pic of yours from the top I might be able to tell for sure.

mark99

Site Donor
Reaction score
The Alpina manifold is shorter than yours thus more clearance, are yours VGS?

I don't have the Alpina manifolds, I just emailed Mark in UK, maybe I will get them, otherwise it looks like I need to find a tii booster

I had an real Alpina manifold on a 2002 a long time ago and it was one piece

mark99

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hey Mark,

If you pull the trigger and plan on shipping to Seattle, just let me know. Mark is sending me an Alpina setup in a week or two.

Hi Mark
My car is in CO so they would come here, so I can't think of a shipping option, maybe all to you and then you to me in CO?

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
That was my thought if it makes sense or makes @daddywad’s life easier. I live at the post office after all.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I had an real Alpina manifold on a 2002 a long time ago and it was one piece

The original m30 setup has a manifold
for each carb. Also note the flat slots. Also note that all cars referenced so far have the early pancake booster. The pancake booster looks bigger in diameter but it is much shorter. I don’t know the dimensions of the two, but the CS master cylinder practically touches the battery tray, and the chamber is a good 6”+ “deep”.

DF9D31E3-0352-4B7B-BA2C-59467B4EBABD.jpeg

mark99

Site Donor
Reaction score
The original m30 setup has a manifold
for each carb. Also note the flat slots. Also note that all cars referenced so far have the early pancake booster. The pancake booster looks bigger in diameter but it is much shorter. I don’t know the dimensions of the two, but the CS master cylinder practically touches the battery tray, and the chamber is a good 6”+ “deep”.

View attachment 66240
Hi Mark
That is an original Alpina setup?
do you have an end view?

Length of booster I don't think is an issue, it is in there now