Vapor Blast/vapor homing Southern California

Ajay

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Sent my intake manifold, runners, and my throttle body into these guys in Anaheim. They made my parts look like new. They did such an amazing job that I had to post. I know some other e9 and e10 guys in OC use these guys with amazing results. Non abrasive. PARTS REBORN in Anaheim, California.

20181116_112110.jpg 20181119_104904.jpg 34531.jpeg 34544.jpeg 34543.jpeg

Luis A.

Site Donor
Reaction score
Very nice. Can you give us an idea of cost for the shown bundle of parts?

mark99

Site Donor
Reaction score
it is abrasive and if you can, you should have your parts cleaned in one of those industrial machinist 'dishwashers'
Some machinists won't vapor blast engine parts, of course most do

stphers

Reaction score
See my post on carb candy, I had the Zeniths vapour blasted up here in Canada. There is a place about an hour away from my shop. Did a fantastic job. The fellow was from England and he was telling me that practically every shop there has one of these machines, not so much glass beading set ups I have a 4 cyl head that I am going to give him to do soon. He can also do my Alfa blocks as well I could spend hours cleaning with brushes. solvents and cleaners , even glass bead the stuff but for the price, can't beat it. I spray some CF 50 on everything afterwards to stop any oxidation or corrosion on the parts and they stay clean and good looking

Thanks, Rick

mark99

Site Donor
Reaction score
My understanding is that vapor blasting is glass bead blasting but with water that softens the impact
So all the warnings about glass bead blasting and engine parts apply
I have bead blasted a valve cover and other parts so I am not personally saying don't do it, but a person that rebuilds OSSA motors and another Triumph motors say they wouldn't ever do it

stphers

Reaction score
Oh yes, that is exactly what it is, the fellow doing my carbs ran all the parts thru an ultrasonic cleaner afterwards for some time to make sure everything was clear. He says on the " less " intricate parts he sometimes will depending on what they are . I always wash everything that I glass bead with hot water and Dawn dishsoap and then blow it out with air. I have a couple of those scrub brushes for doing dishes that work great. Using hot water ( as hot as you can handle ) allows everything to dry out quicker. The hot water evaporates faster. Then it is all ready for painting, powder coating, ceramic coating or just nothing

Ajay

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Oh yes, that is exactly what it is, the fellow doing my carbs ran all the parts thru an ultrasonic cleaner afterwards for some time to make sure everything was clear. He says on the " less " intricate parts he sometimes will depending on what they are . I always wash everything that I glass bead with hot water and Dawn dishsoap and then blow it out with air. I have a couple of those scrub brushes for doing dishes that work great. Using hot water ( as hot as you can handle ) allows everything to dry out quicker. The hot water evaporates faster. Then it is all ready for painting, powder coating, ceramic coating or just nothing

That's what my guy did also. Hot water, blow it out with air and finished it off with ACF 50 to not corrode.