VERY nice E3 on BaT

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I’m surprised by this result. Seller must over the moon. About $10k higher than I would’ve guessed. You know what they say about rising tides.
This one looks comparable for around $22K USD.
One could have it shipped and still be well under $30k

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hagerty values a #1 1972 Bavaria at $34.7US.

Although the BaT car doesn't meet the true definition of a #1 car it is likely "one of the best in the world".

I think it may have went for more than "the market", but who REALLY knows what the market is for special cars like this? Also, I think you can apply "you can't pay too much...but you can buy too early" to this one. The market will catch up to the purchase price in short order if it isn't there already.

(Full disclosure...the above said by an E3 owner ;) )

TedS

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I agree, Dick, and add to that the BAT premium and there you have it.
Funny, 6 months ago I kept seeing two seemingly minters pop up on CA Bay Area craigslist for around $20k each and they seemed awfully overpriced.

OCCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
I agree, Dick, and add to that the BAT premium and there you have it.
Funny, 6 months ago I kept seeing two seemingly minters pop up on CA Bay Area craigslist for around $20k each and they seemed awfully overpriced.
They were. The seller has a very bad reputation.

leonine99

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Plain and simple the market at a given moment is what a buyer is willing to pay, like it or not. While this is large coin for an E3, I know of a least one private sale that was much higher, but that was a real #1 car. It really makes Matt C's Taiga E3 that was sold for $13K(?) a couple of months back look like a real savvy purchase. I was dying to get that one, but I'm on the one-vintage-BMW-at-a-time plan for the moment.....

Last edited:

alprada70

http://www.oilsdesigngroup.com/
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Im in Colombia @Dick Steinkamp... hehehe

My E3 cost like 500 dollars ... new cars are expensive because of the tax ... but old cars are cheaper than in the US or Europe. for example we have many Toyota Fj 40-45 and they are being restored and exported to the US , Europe or Arab Emirates...
for example:
www.fj.co

giannicsl

Reaction score
I’m surprised by this result. Seller must over the moon. About $10k higher than I would’ve guessed. You know what they say about rising tides.
This one looks comparable for around $22K USD.
One could have it shipped and still be well under $30k
My 3.0s on the sea

Attachments

• IMG-20200701-WA0011.jpg
    IMG-20200701-WA0011.jpg
    199.7 KB · Views: 131