Vintage at Saratoga 2013

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
It was just the fuel pump. I wondered why vapor lock would start suddenly when there were no changes to the system since 2004 and I hd neve exprienced the problem before.
But it was a fuel delivery problm for sure. The intrmittant nature had me baffled.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Fuel pump

It was just the fuel pump. I wondered why vapor lock would start suddenly when there were no changes to the system since 2004 and I hd neve exprienced the problem before.
But it was a fuel delivery problm for sure. The intrmittant nature had me baffled.

Glad it's resolved. I replaced both Athena & Vern's original fuel pumps with E28 pumps, same flow rate as original.:D

NewSixCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
I came back from lunch late Sunday p.m. with Steve O'Neill, Len S. (and his most generous, entertaining and car-knowledgeable father) and Len's 3.0CS was the only car left in the area where the coupes were parked. I couldn't take my eyes off of Len's E9 sitting there by itself. Our coupes are truly amongst the most beautiful cars ever produced.

Thanks, Bill. My Dad had a great time meeting everyone, and was (and still is) smitten by the silver Z8 in front of the Museum.

NewSixCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
I second that on Lens dad, we talked to him for over a hour. His passion for life, cars and any topic is inspiring. Stories of the Mille Miglia and Enzo Ferrari. At that time he was just some guy we were racing. Hopefully I'll have half his energy. If I do now? Mike

Mike,

Don't feel bad, I wish I had half his energy!

A little back story about his days in Italy—he used to work for the Marzotto family in Valdagno, and was friends with The Count's son Giannino, who won the Mille Miglia in '50 and '53 (driving a double-breated suit no less!). My Dad's family had just come from Italy's lost territory in Istria after the war, and worked first as a driver for the Count's son and then helped the family scout locations for their new hotel business (later to become the Jolly Hotel chain). The Marzotto family basically owned Italy's wool business in those days...

The connection to Enzo Ferrari comes from the '53 Mille Miglia win celebration; my father was introduced to a man who he later learned was the Commendatore himself. Wish my father had taken up photography; I would have some collection of negatives! He once walked me through Vicenza to show me the route the cars took through the city during the race, including one store front that would always lose its glass window because cars would invariably slide into it!

Glad both you and Cathy enjoyed his company; I'll let him know...