Site Donor
Reaction score
. Thought your wife was first.
Ok….

8D69ADE2-9F1D-4901-B164-7B5D3DF4AC7E.jpeg

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Have you filed any claims with Hancock. When I researched a change, Consumer’s Reports gave them a meh rating. Being a nervous type, I didn’t submit a request for a premium.
I have not, but a friend of mine is a Hagerty/Heacock agent so I plan on sending him into battle should this arise...hope I don't have to find out!

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
I haven't had time to shop it yet, but lots of my non-BMW car buddies have shopped options besides Hagerty and found better deals elsewhere, as Steve and others have noticed. My Hagerty premiums keep going up...and I don't drive my cars very much (work and 3 kids conspire against that).

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I haven't had time to shop it yet, but lots of my non-BMW car buddies have shopped options besides Hagerty and found better deals elsewhere, as Steve and others have noticed. My Hagerty premiums keep going up...and I don't drive my cars very much (work and 3 kids conspire against that).
I think it could be that Hagerty spends more money than other collector car insurers on advertising and marketing. They have to get that expense back in premiums. Car guys want to be insured by car guys. Hagerty certainly looks more like car guys than the competition. They even have representatives at every major collector car event. I would think the actual operations of Hagerty look pretty much like any other collector car insurance company, however. P and L. Actuary tables. I doubt if the folks you talk to on the phone all have a stable of cars.

I was with Grundy for several years. My apples to apples comparison with Hagerty always turned up Grundy as the winner. I did the same comparison with American Collectors (through USAA) last year and AC beat Grundy by a pretty big margin. All three have stellar reputations for customer service and claim settlements.

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
My coupe is insured with Hagerty. I bought the insurance as soon as I bought the car from the PO in Hawaii. The car was insured for the stated value when I had a "financial interest" in the car. That meant the car was insured once I sent the check to the seller even though I didn't have the title. The car was insured during the ship ride from Hawaii to Los Angeles and while it was sent via covered transport to Ft. Lauderdale. The minor paint damage during the trip was covered as a claim. When the paint could not be matched perfectly, Hagerty paid for the entire car to be painted. They also gave me 5 different places to go for the repairs. That's what I would call a stellar claim settlement.

Whipcity

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
My coupe is insured with Hagerty. I bought the insurance as soon as I bought the car from the PO in Hawaii. The car was insured for the stated value when I had a "financial interest" in the car. That meant the car was insured once I sent the check to the seller even though I didn't have the title. The car was insured during the ship ride from Hawaii to Los Angeles and while it was sent via covered transport to Ft. Lauderdale. The minor paint damage during the trip was covered as a claim. When the paint could not be matched perfectly, Hagerty paid for the entire car to be painted. They also gave me 5 different places to go for the repairs. That's what I would call a stellar claim settlement.
That’s what I call a car guy should do for another car guy. Hagerty gets it.

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
I thought insurance companies ask whether you have any dogs. In this case you can say they're for protection and maybe get a discount.
Do I really have to say this again? Dogs will never protect your Coupe. Only Trunk Monkeys were bred for that job....

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
You all realize I hope that Hagerty offers a 10% discount for all CCA members......................except in my horrible, politicians in insurance company's pockets state of MA. I believe there is one or two other states as well. Obviously I would bring this up only after getting a full quote.

As with Drew, my "shell" of an E9 was covered with Hagerty on the flatbed to and from the paint shop and while being restored in my house for a value of my choosing and for little money ( recall 150 bucks or so). I wish I knew that if you join Hagerty's car club for 70 bucks a year, you get a decent amount of towing...since my car was towed to NH for blasting.

IDK, after the first car with Hagerty, showing it is garaged, proving I have a DD, they never asked for anything when I added the other cars on other than a few pictures of my choice. My wife is also on the policy as a driver and it cost me nothing for that ( maybe becasue she has a stellar record).

BTW: RIP Mary Ann. She was my fav.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
IDK, after the first car with Hagerty, showing it is garaged, proving I have a DD, they never asked for anything when I added the other cars on other than a few pictures of my choice.
Ditto. I had my coupe with Hagerty and added my E3 for about $7/mo full coverage. I have too many cars right now and too many that need to be insured, but the coupe and E3 are so cheap to insure I keep them active even when they're not road worthy.

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
Did I mention that you can no longer "take your car off the road temporarily" and put a hold on insurance in MA?
Did I mention that overdue inspection is a moving violation with points in MA
Did I mention that if your car is in storage and the inspection becomes due, you have to file with the state as to why and when you expect it on the road again.
Did I mention I want to move and my wife does not!

HonaloochieBoogie

Reaction score
Did I mention that you can no longer "take your car off the road temporarily" and put a hold on insurance in MA?
Did I mention that overdue inspection is a moving violation with points in MA
Did I mention that if your car is in storage and the inspection becomes due, you have to file with the state as to why and when you expect it on the road again.
Did I mention I want to move and my wife does not!
That’s wicked rough, bro.