StephenZ

Site Donor
Reaction score
Bumper swap completed.

Before:View attachment 64050

After: (Just how God intended)
View attachment 64051
View attachment 64052

Polaris! Like mine....will be again, one day..lol. What's the back spacing on those wheels? Is it the picture or do they look like they're sitting inboard a lot. I ask, as I have a set of those that I just did a trial fit and they sit way different, filling out the fenders nicely. Good looking car, though!

Sean Haas

Site Donor $
Reaction score
You selling that guibo? Checking W&N for a reubuild kit...

Odometers seem to be the repair du jour - going to attempt to fix mine, I'm not Mr. Mechanical so light a candle for me. Also replace the reverse light switch and chase down what I think is a bad ground in the tail light. After that, the clock...

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I love the conversion, been getting up the nerve to do it on my green 74.
As far as the rubber guards mounting, are the rears upside down?

No, normal orientation. The fronts have a different shape, not the same as earlier ones.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Wow, the rears do look weird to me. Looks like they were trying to reach a certain height for a regulation. If the fronts angle down you'd like the rears would do the same.

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Wow, the rears do look weird to me. Looks like they were trying to reach a certain height for a regulation. If the fronts angle down you'd like the rears would do the same.
I used bumpers from a 73 parts car. Rear bumper mounted with the 73 US spec only brackets that extends the bumper a couple of inches from the body. Front mounted with brackets I had fabricated to fit the “wider” front section of the frame rail that had accepted the shock absorber for the big bumpers.

I followed Bfeng’s description of how he mounted the fronts in post #626 of this thread: