What did you do to your E9 today?

burky

Site Donor
Reaction score
Assembled ,and fitted all new rear bumper on the 74, looked for replacement 5spd on broken 73 auto.

loloe13

Reaction score
after seeing this post earlier in the morning, said 'Hello' to him when I got home from work, padded him, and then fed him with the trickle charger. ;-)

kasbatts

Site Donor
Reaction score
Took it out yesterday after 3 months off the road replacing noisy gearbox bearings, fitting a UCC short shifter and DSSR (awesome by the way!) and a rebuild of the centre driveshaft universal after it was discoverer that the shaft that runs in the centre hanger bearing was badly worn.

Drives like a dream!

Oh, and replaced the spark plugs to 1 step up in the heat range to try and stop my knackered old engine fouling its plugs, a stop gap measure until the new engine arrives.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Today is a another day..
Chris "ski coach" and I took our coupes along the NH seacoast for a nice drive on glorious autumn day.

glenn in encinitas

Site Donor
Reaction score
Installed the newly delivered center console from Eric Anton. It is very well done and is consistent with the center armrest which is in the rear. Ran the aux 1/8" Jack from my Becker Europa II to the console and its a great addition. Easily removable if I tire of it, but doubt that will happen.

E911

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Weighed it

Fired up the L and drove it to a Cat scale to offer a data point on Shannon's "E9 weights" thread... took the long road there and back.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hung out with Tom "vbigdog" 10.26.14 at the fall '02 gathering at the Stevens Estate in North Andover, MA.

Attachments

• IMG_6412.jpg
    IMG_6412.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 301

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
What...?

At a yard sale, I picked up a front license tag for the the coupe that is not tagged currently that says, for my dear wife's benefit..."Not an abandoned car".
...will be runnng soon, I swear...

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Jacked around with the timing and carbs, installed a balance tube and drove her. I have her out for the weekend since it's much cooler here in Austin...this week :) Although I think it's dangerous I may have to consult a psychic to get everything just so. With 95K on the clock I have to "play" with the advance and re-adjust the carbs by ear/eye/nose.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Drove Athena the 150 miles to VSR in Bow NH in fairly drizzly weather . :-( Went over the to do list for the 5-speed install and a small list of fairly involved big jobs. Plus a few smaller jobs. Feeling confidently excited at getting a better car back than I left. ;-)

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Got up before dawn and drove the twisty River Road along the Mississippi to Baton Rouge for the Eurofest show, and she brought home the bacon in the Preservation Class ;-) Lots of comments like "these are really going up in value now, huh?" At least they seem to get more respect these days.

EF.jpeg

Last edited: