What did you do to your E9 today?

mr bump

Reaction score
Jump started it to use this morning as the battery was flat, pumped the tyres up then somthing happened in england which is a very rare occurrence. .........it rained!
So it went back into the garage.

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Got up before dawn and drove the twisty River Road along the Mississippi to Baton Rouge for the Eurofest show, and she brought home the bacon in the Preservation Class ;-) Lots of comments like "these are really going up in value now, huh?" At least they seem to get more respect these days.

EF.jpeg

congratulations steve

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Learned that my clutch and flywheel are shot and need to be replaced. Also the slave cylinder is leaking. Good news is my driveshaft is good. My car is in the trusted hands of VSR. 5-speed swap is going well.

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
On "Magnus" I learned that if you don't properly ground the A/C switch you will keep blowing fuses and fret immensely because the A/C systems tend to be very expensive (and difficult) to repair. Since I had my new gauges grounded to the same spot it also answered the question as to why they were not working correctly. Whenever I touch anything electrical on these cars I feel like I arrived at a gunfight with a hammer.

oilcan93

Reaction score
Giant mousetrap

Today I'm picking up the new hood support and sound deadening foam for the hood. I lost my laptop with bookmarks for DQ's project on this but I think a quick search should keep me safe from the frustration of doing this totally solo. Keep your fingers crossed for me

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Looks like you can Play Badminton there while visiting. That would be my ultimate hangout.

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Arde, what were the "few other things" ? She sounds awesome!

- For a good ground we installed the straps that Luis sent. The bottom one we removed was silver, probably original or at least there since the nineties.
- Spark plugs, synched and adjusted the Webers. Did not touch cold idle.
- Valve clearances, valve cover gasket.
- Steering wheel aligned with the wheels at the tie rods (the coarse spline is useless for fixing that by rotating the steering wheel).
- Brake fluid being bled again this time manually as the pedal is spongy
- Tire rotation removed a vibration at speed, front tires probably not happy with the car sitting for weeks sometimes.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    42.4 KB · Views: 269

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thanks Arde, I thought maybe you found the big red button that said "idle perfectly". Mine is doing OK but I'm going to re check all the grounds, check the plugs, cap and rotor and if I don't get what I'm looking for I'll continue to search for that button!

MyFemurHurts

Reaction score
Recently repainted the air filter housing, and after installing it, my OCD went into over drive. Degreased the engine bay as best as I could.

Need to paint the power steering reservoir cap, and I'm going to glass bead blast the valve cover next time I have it off when I adjust the valves.

Before:

After getting decades of gunk off the fender, which went up to the bottom of the red label:

I can now sleep at night:

David

Site Donor
Reaction score