What did you do to your E9 today?

oilcan93

Reaction score
Added a new period-correct oil cap to the valve cover and installed the snorkels for draining the water from the wiper trough into the engine bay

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i installed my coupe jewelry in the engine compartment, finished replacing every light bulb in the car, and replaced the vertical chrome / gasket (in between the two windows) on both sides of the car. it is so much faster and easier with new pieces ... it goes together in less than 5 minutes and doesn't hurt your hands.

getting ready to order new carpet from Klaus (in charcoal 2 tone loop) - so i can start the transformation to the black interior

tmason

Reaction score
Bumpers installed

Love the upgrade. Thanks Victor and Chris!

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 297

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Finally

I got word that my Paul Burke pistons were en route and that my cam would be ground next week! I keep hearing that the Paul Burke cam and pistons are worth the wait!

MyFemurHurts

Reaction score
Not exactly today, but on Sunday I finally installed the Pertronix. Timed the car before to see where it was at, and it was at 11* BTDC at 1,700.

Runs much better now.

restart

Reaction score
Re: pertronix

Hi, when I installed my pertronix last year I had to elongate the adjustment slots and sand a bit of the plastic case to get it to get the required gap and sit right. Curious if you had any issues?

What I did for my coupe today, was,leave it in storage until spring .(If you know what I mean:)and keep on working on completing its garage ..

This garage completion is dragging on. I can hardly wait to get busy in it, on the old bimmers. ( Bavaria, coupe and various e30s) After seeing some of the extensive work some of you are doing I am a bit intimidated by the whole process and may just pass the thing on to someone more skilled than I. I'll see how it goes in spring. I seem to have the reverse problem of some of you...my wife won't let me sell it! Or put in a five speed!

Cheers and bests regards. If any of you coupe drivers ever get up to the Sunshine Coast let me know.

MyFemurHurts

Reaction score
I replaced my Crane Fireball with a Pertronix. After the switch my car would stall after 2 hours. Switched to points and car has run great since, that was 2012.

Good thing my points are in the trunk and Monterey or the Wine Country is only 1.5 hours away. ;)

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Today I looked at my car and said thank you to my 123ignition distributor!

I replaced my Crane Fireball with a Pertronix. After the switch my car would stall after 2 hours. Switched to points and car has run great since, that was 2012.

restart

Reaction score
Yes, I saw that earlier discussion on the 123 ignition. It looks like a nice unit and very good looking. Around 500 dollars yes? Seems like a good investment.

The old style pertronix I put in my bav many years ago has only failed once( on a high mountain pass in the pouring rain,in the dark, 50 miles from no where with wife and baby in car) ...the gap closed causing an abrasion and the plastic debris from that covered the optic eye. That took some time figuring out with minimum tools and no light.

This latest one has been a bit more of a problem and may be destined for the recycling bin.

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Fan shroud

Branden, from where did the Fan shroud come? I just got a new aluminum radiator for the blue coupe and that looks like a great addition as long as I'm pulling everything apart (again) :)

MyFemurHurts

Reaction score
Branden, from where did the Fan shroud come? I just got a new aluminum radiator for the blue coupe and that looks like a great addition as long as I'm pulling everything apart (again) :)

Don fabbed it up for me. If I recall correctly, it's from an E12, and trimmed down in spots.

That shroud, new thermostat, 9 blade fan with a modern clutch and my Coupe stays solid at 3 o'clock idling on hot days. Well worth it.

MyFemurHurts

Reaction score
Thanks, and sorry for the mis-spelling-
No worries. I've been at my job for 8 years, and I still get called Brandon all the time. Hell, my lady's Dad still calls me that.

As long as it starts with a B, ends with an N, and there's a D in there somewhere I'll answer to it. :mrgreen:

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Received pictures from VSR of Athena back together. in Nov & Dec. they stripped the hood to bare metal and resprayed. Hood is back on and looks great! She's sporting her Euro city lights and H1s too.

They also had to replace the ignition switch, as she was giving them a intermittent no start problem. Glad that's fixed.

Attachments

• DSCN1872.jpg
    DSCN1872.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 234
  • P1014398.jpg
    P1014398.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 219
  • P1014400.jpg
    P1014400.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 232