What do you do for a living?...

73 E3

Reaction score
I'm a student @ Western New England College (Springfield,MA) studying Criminal Justice & Political Science. I also work part-time for the campus police dept. to fund my E3 restoration.

WALTER

Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm a Marine in Iraq on my third tour. Going home soon though! Graduated from the University of Maryland with a History degree, so in the Marine Corps infinite wisdom they made me, you guessed it, an engineer. :shock: :shock:

WALTER

Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm a Marine in Iraq on my third tour. Going home soon though! Graduated from the University of Maryland with a History degree, so in the Marine Corps infinite wisdom they made me, you guessed it, an engineer. :shock: :shock:

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
whatchudo...?

I'm an independent furniture designer for three domestic (yeah, there are a few left..) manufacturers, and part owner of a small furniture company in Thailand. Not a great time to be in this business...but love it nonetheless...UNC Chapel Hill (still catching up on sleep from Mon nite), Kendall School of Design, Grand Rapids, MI. Been at it since '79.

74 polaris 3.0cs
72 chamonix 3.0cs parts car
72 baikal 3.0cs
76 nevada 2002
74 taiga 2002
74 white? 914

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
whatchudo...?

I'm an independent furniture designer for three domestic (yeah, there are a few left..) manufacturers, and part owner of a small furniture company in Thailand. Not a great time to be in this business...but love it nonetheless...UNC Chapel Hill (still catching up on sleep from Mon nite), Kendall School of Design, Grand Rapids, MI. Been at it since '79.

74 polaris 3.0cs
72 chamonix 3.0cs parts car
72 baikal 3.0cs
76 nevada 2002
74 taiga 2002
74 white? 914

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Re: whatchudo...?

dave v. in nc said:

So if we read between the lines, it sounds like you're saying you're THE guy to go to if and when we need our wood dash and door panels refurbished! :wink:

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Re: whatchudo...?

dave v. in nc said:

So if we read between the lines, it sounds like you're saying you're THE guy to go to if and when we need our wood dash and door panels refurbished! :wink:

pinstripe

Reaction score
What do you do for a living?

I'm another Industrial Designer. Why do we love our E9s? Because they fit into the designer definition of classic " When you can add, or delete, nothing " My other classic, long gone, was a '72 Porche 9114. Today, my, original owner, '73CS sits in the garage next to my '97 Jaguar XK8 convertible. I'm convinced they talk to each other.

Since I have the only CS in the Ottawa ( Canada ) area, my coupe enjoys a stable mate.

Retired after 35 years in design and marketing, and a stint as an angel investor, I'm happy to draw cartoons, play golf, ski, and constantly clean " the toys"

This is a terrific forum ( compared to Ottawa BMW and Jaguar Car Clubs )

Cheers, Pinstripe

pinstripe

Reaction score
What do you do for a living?

I'm another Industrial Designer. Why do we love our E9s? Because they fit into the designer definition of classic " When you can add, or delete, nothing " My other classic, long gone, was a '72 Porche 9114. Today, my, original owner, '73CS sits in the garage next to my '97 Jaguar XK8 convertible. I'm convinced they talk to each other.

Since I have the only CS in the Ottawa ( Canada ) area, my coupe enjoys a stable mate.

Retired after 35 years in design and marketing, and a stint as an angel investor, I'm happy to draw cartoons, play golf, ski, and constantly clean " the toys"

This is a terrific forum ( compared to Ottawa BMW and Jaguar Car Clubs )

Cheers, Pinstripe

gazzol

Reaction score
I'm a mtor mechanic and have been since leaving school (26 years ago) although I've also done body work and paint.

gazzol

Reaction score
I'm a mtor mechanic and have been since leaving school (26 years ago) although I've also done body work and paint.

capehorner

Reaction score
What do you do for a living

I am a boilermaker and am rebuilding my 2800 cs without a garage and it is a slow process, if only BMW would lower their prices

BarryG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Nor*Cal - Rocklin, around the corner from Dan
I too am ...was a Boilermaker...I worked for the Souther Pacific RR here in Sacramento and Roseville Ca... I also worked Kaiser Steel in Napa Ca..Chevro oil.. and others.
Nice to see other hard working men around here.

Barry ... Retired Boilermaker

radosc

Reaction score
I'm a banking software designer and programmer in Warsaw Poland. And it's a problem especially when itching primer traces are found on my hands or mig burns are evident :) But they got used to it saying IT people are crazy anyway:D

maxxfish

Site Donor
Reaction score
Cinematographer and Steadicam Operator, mainly commercials, music videos, a few features and episodics...whatever pays the bills. Ahh, the life of a prostitue, err, I mean freelancer!

jhjacobs

Reaction score
We'll it's time for an update for me. I'm still trying to figure out exactly what I do but my situation has changed. I spent the last couple of years doing engineering consulting, mainly in computer / network security and high-end power switching and distribution circuit / system design. During this period I formed a small company with some partners and we landed a major contract in China for Smart Grid products. I have completed the design of several advanced network meters with GSM/SMS messaging and Power-Line-Carrier networking support. We have financed our company with major Chinese contract manufacturer and I am now the CTO for this company. We are in the process of expanding their production line with state of the art circuit board assembly systems. I am currently sitting in Schenzen, China, negotiating a package that would basically have me living and working here most of the time for the next few years.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
We'll it's time for an update for me. I'm still trying to figure out exactly what I do but my situation has changed. I spent the last couple of years doing engineering consulting, mainly in computer / network security and high-end power switching and distribution circuit / system design. During this period I formed a small company with some partners and we landed a major contract in China for Smart Grid products. I have completed the design of several advanced network meters with GSM/SMS messaging and Power-Line-Carrier networking support. We have financed our company with major Chinese contract manufacturer and I am now the CTO for this company. We are in the process of expanding their production line with state of the art circuit board assembly systems. I am currently sitting in Schenzen, China, negotiating a package that would basically have me living and working here most of the time for the next few years.

Wow. I'm impressed. I can sum up my career like this.... I sell used auto parts. :cool:

How many E9's are in China?

jhjacobs

Reaction score
How many E9's are in China?

Not sure. You see a fair number of 3's, 5's, and 7's cruising around but I would be surprised if there are any E9s. Perhaps a few collectors. There really isn't anywhere you could safely drive one either - the roads and traffic are dangerous, even the nicer new road seem to have pot holes in random places big enough to eat a city bus and the other drivers only follow driving rules when convenient. A horn is the most essential part of a car here.

Now, if you are talking about knock-off E9's ....:confused: