What do you do for a living?...

NewSixCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
Industrial designer by schooling because I fell in love with Ferraris (and other beautiful cars) at an early age, but I've been designing interpretive history and science exhibits for museums for the last 23 years.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Pharmacist - Northeastern Uinversity

Senior VP Clinical Operations for a niche business specializing in IV antibiotic therapy for patients diagnosed with Lyme disease.

25+ years in home IV therapy

BlauMitWeiss

Reaction score
As you notice, this is my second post...

My first career was as an electrician, through the apprenticeship program, worked on every thing from new residential to nuclear reactors.(18 years)
Second career was the eng school thing in electrical,(5 years) third was the actual employment in engineering design with cad backup.(5 years)
Have now moved into Program & Project managment with a leaning to the highly technical project and research facility. (its good to be a hard as nails geek with an automotive petina)(3 years), much to learn.....

Career Highlight: A family owned company recently bought a family owned company and was/is expanding....dropped my resume in and the flew me to frankfurt, then zurich and drove to hinwil where the operation is, the interview was excellent, but at the end of the day(figurative) they hired a german, working for the competition in Koln. (language and location were the main concerns), but man, what a ride......

I have owned and driven BumDoubleYou's since before they were cool, the first being a '71 2002, (this is a long list)

I now have:
'73 2002 (soon to be tomato cans)
'72 Tii Driver
'73 Tii Project
'72 3.0 CS (wifes)
'87 535i Exclusive Edition, Individual (E28) Auto.......bummer....!

B...M..W....

BonitaCS

Reaction score
I have a BS in Mechanical Engineering from Chico State and yes it is a party school but aren’t they all! I've been in aerospace since graduating and I've designed lots of cool stuff for the A330, A340 and the 737. I lived in France for over a year and was a flight test engineer for the A330. I've also designed composite satellite bus structures and have stuff up in orbit right now. Currently I'm the chief engineer for a UAV program. I was the program manager for another UAV program where we were using an EFI 36 hp Wankel rotary engine detuned to run on jet a fuel and had the opportunity to learn a lot about fuel injection. There is a lot of gratification seeing your designs coming to life and I love doing design work but I don't care for being a manager. I was thinking of starting my own business doing rapid prototyping but don't have the guts to take that initial step. This board rocks!

hyochem

Reaction score
in the process of becoming a proffesional racecar driver... race a SPEC7 on the regional level, go to university of colorado at colorado springs, work at U-haul and Masterdrive which is a new type of driver's ed that teaches car control and accident avoidence in maneuvers like the slalom, threshol braking excercises, emergency lane change, turn and brake, skids, all kinds of cool stuff. over the summers and the break i sell cars but i hold the other two jobs while going to UCCS full time to get my business degree to prepare me for the corporate side of racing.

Reaction score
I've been retired since 05, prior was in retailing for more than 40yrs
35 of which were with the same company. We had a couple of art material stores here in L.A. which made for some unusual customers.
Never attended college, went straight from U.S.Army to work.
Owned all sorts of interesting cars over the yrs.
currently
'72 CSi
'86 MBZ 300e 5 speed (fewer than 300 ordered)
'87 MBZ 300e (beater) w/my daughter
'06 MBZ E350 (keep wife happy)
'94 Toyota 4 runner w/other daughter

A great informative board,

Paul Brounstein

cdk2921

Reaction score
I have worked at Fantasy Junction in Emeryville, Ca, since 2001. I'm in charge of all things shiny. I also update the website daily and keep the office in order.
I'm apart of the Fantasy Junction Racing Team, and often find myself behind the wheel of our Acura Integra Touring Car and our Spec Miata racecars.
I'm in school full time as well and working towards my degree in Communications.

hdx 120

Reaction score
We are a surfboard mfg using a cnc machine,kevlar,carbonfiber and spectra. We have diversified and now make wings for bullet motor sportsout of what we have learned off surfboards, We have been at it science 1996,its a job and a fun one late gonz

BlauMitWeiss

Reaction score
hdx 120, maybe you should use your skills(and tools) to fashion Carbon Fibre M30 valve covers and what nots.

Who among you/us did the E9 dash in carbon fibre?

BlauMitWeiss

Reaction score
....got it, its corsachili (does that mean hot/spicy race track?)
TJ is the gent with the carbon fibre dash inserts.

marc

Reaction score
I retire on the 1 st of April at the grand old age of 42. Sold all my business interests to a management buy out and going to spend my time watching the kids grow up and playing with my old cars.
marc

HERE/THERE

Reaction score
JOB

I am a Nuclear Power Plant Inspector. I watch all the work that is related to the reactor primary system. Nice work when you can get it! I have a 71 CSI and will like to trade for a TR 4 thru 6. Any takers? Beau

ken Sagan

Reaction score
careers

I work in the residential housing industry. Recently designed and built the most energy effiient home in Pa as defined by a Penn State thesis. My expertise is codes and building standards and am going to Washington DC to further this endevour. My home has ben featured on HGTV Pro and subject of discussion at the first Green Building Conference in Atlanta. I team taught an Architectural Engineering class at the local university. I taught the MEP or mechanical, electrical and plumbing portion of the course. Trained most code officials in this state on the new building codes and train nationwide. Very interested in energy conservation in the residential home industry and do consulting in these areas. I am also a Licensed Master Plumber & Heating, by trade, with a BS and working to complete my Masters.

http://www.hgtvpro.com/hpro/di_green_sustainable/article/0,2618,HPRO_20616_3610459,00.html?vid=5002

jhjacobs

Reaction score
I work in the residential housing industry...I am also a Licensed Master Plumber
Ken - very interesting. As an off topic discussion, I figure you might appreciate the shower I recently built. I was looking for a vertical spa but I was outraged at the cost of fixtures and limits on sizes with standard systems. As a result, I decided to build a complete custom vertical spa using "industrial" plumbing mounted on the surface of 100% granite walls. With 3/4" pipes and a high-flow thermostatic regulator I can move some water. While it is not energy efficient, reguires two 75 gallon water heaters, and a drain pump, it will get you wet in every direction at once very effectively. On the system I have: 1 rain head, 1 standard shower head, 1 rotating shower head, 1 wand, and 1 dual head side spay zones. I also added a bucket filling zone for convenience. A few photos for everyones amusement:

From the door:
Side1.jpg

Main control console:
Face1.jpg

Main zone:
Zone1.jpg

Typical side zone:
Zone2.jpg

Even a towel rack:
Rack1.jpg

steve in reno

Reaction score
JJ
I have to ask.
What the hell were you thinking?
As a licensed plumber, it appears that somone learned how to solder and went off of the deep end. Or had a Jagermeister moment.
3 seperate anti-hammer devices and all of your work.
Have you added a sunroof to your coupes engine compartment also. Make sure that you run the drain tubes to the radiator tank.
steve in reno