What do you do for a living?...

jhjacobs

Reaction score
What can I say? It just sort of came to me. :roll:

BYW, no lead - all antimony based solder. My only disappointment is that I couldn't find one of the little windowed flow indicator devices to install (like on the old gas pumps).

John H.

Site Donor
Reaction score
Better late than never

I work as a Production Designer for national TV commercials. That entails meeting up with the director and visualizing the sets to be built, props to be rented, etc. that are incorporated in the commercial. Then we build it all. Been at it here in LA for 14 years before which I worked on the other end of the commercial business as a copywriter for a couple of ad agencies.

A 2002 was my first car, and I have had more than I want to count. Merdad sold me my first E9, an atlantic blue 2800, which I promptly sold to a friend after picking up my current chamonix 3.0.

Love this board and am amazed by the calibre of members and the help that is offered through these boards.

Jonathan

Reaction score
I own Varsity Athletic Apparel which is a company I started out of my dorm room in College in 1992. We sell vintage varsity awards clothing (like varsity letter sweaters, letterman jackets...) to colleges and high schools in the U.S., Canada, and Japan. The website is varsityclothing.com. I'm up for designing an E9 vintage varsity letterman jacket and would sell to the group at cost. We could make a neat retro look to the jacket with the E9 Driven badge on the front left chest and perhaps the backside could have a silhouette to resemble the same CSL front fender shot on the cover of the 2008 calender. Let me know if there is any interest.

As many of you have said, I love the diversity of this crowd! From Docs. to engineers to race-car-drivers-in-training. And it is this very diversity that brings us together and enhances our mutual passion for this 70's icon when we log on to this site, eager to read the latest E9 threads...

-Jonathan

blumax

(deceased)
Reaction score
E-9 Driven Varsity Jacket--

I like your idea!!

perhaps one in dark blue with tan sleeves (or similar combo) in a medium, not too heavy-weight as there are a number of us living in milder climes--some random thoughts--perhaps with a touch of Bavarian color on the back of the jacket--and perhaps we could get the OK to use the official roundel in conjunction with the featured photo.

Orangener

Reaction score
I am mechanical engineer. I work i a small company with only two employees, my chef , an unskilled worker and me. I´m now in this job for 17years. I do grinding, milling, turning, programming of my CNC-Machines....... we mostly do crossheads for cable-extrusion.

www.rammer.at

Malc

Reaction score
Well just in the process of changing my job after 6 years, Got bored!
Now going to do high end R&DE but still in the oil industry. Geologist by schooling but drited into the engineering/design side years ago

BTW 53rd state is Yorkshire where I am originally from! :lol:
Malc

m_thompson

Reaction score
You can add yet another engineer. I am the Principal Engineer for Pentair Electronic Packaging. The company makes industrial computer chassis and 19" equipment cabinets. I do chassis management firmware and advise the other electrical, electronic, and mechanical engineers.

jhjacobs

Reaction score
Hey Malc, although my ancestry is mostly German, my Great Great Great Grandfather Jacobs came to the US from Yorkshire! Maybe we're related.

- an engineer by education (GA Tech / Univ. of TN), snake oil salesman by practice.

jhjacobs

Reaction score
where about's in Yorkshire
Not exactly but it is just to the north of York. My parents and I went there in 1973 and found the old local church and looked up records. We found a relative still living in the area and stopped by for a visit (they were shocked but invited us in for tea anyway). I'll check with my father who'll probably remember the details.

jhjacobs

Reaction score
Malc - According to my father the majority of my ancestors from Yorkshire are named Hodson and Cooper. They came from the towns of Fimber & Westow.

jhjacobs

Reaction score
Psych,

You don't see E9's in psychologists parking lots just like you don't see Harley's.
However, I am thinking about having my wife committed because she thinks I am nuts! :twisted:

psychrunner

Reaction score
I know what you mean

John,
I'm beginning to think I need to commit myself based on my obsession and money spent on this car. My wife definitely thinks I need some "time away".
psychrunner

jhjacobs

Reaction score
That's precisely why I am thinking of having my wife put away; I find it unfathomable that she doesn't appreciate my coupe and coupe related behaviors. I feel fine, there must be something wrong with her! :roll:

Malc

Reaction score
Psychrunner,
This is scary Mr Malc works as a Art Therapist in Cornhill Hospital in Aberdeen in the theraputic community.
She has tried to "cure" me of ESS (Excessive Shed Syndrome) but has realised there is no hope! :lol:
JJ
I know the area where your relatives come from. In fact I helped to drill a gas well nearby (Malton) about 7 years ago.
Malc