Whats In The Screen Name????? Your Member ID.

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
G ARDE L

PS: DeQuincey maybe cynical but without music it can't perforate your soul as much as a Carlos Gardel or a Leonard Cohen.

sorry to don´t agree, deQuincey loves haendel, pergolessi, and bach, and in a bit of modern life, he would choose tom waits, and if you push him to tangos astor piazzolla

on the other side the reason for your nickname seems brilliant to me

regards inspecteur clouseau farewell

tazio03

Reaction score
My screen name is in honor to Tazio Nuvolari one of the great pre war Grand Prix drivers, and Italian just like me!!

blumax

(deceased)
Reaction score
Blumax

Shortly after acquiring my first E-9 in February 1972--the one I still have--being German I felt Max was an appropriate moniker--then I would occasionally refer to him as Blue due to his color--then along came a wife who bonded with both of us and when California expanded issuing their personalized plates from 6 to 7 digits--it became BLUMAX1--and she surprised me with the plate on my Birthday--Great gal--but that's another story
me
The original BLUMAX plate had been taken when personalized plates were originally issued with 6 digits--it had been taken by a long since defunct car wax company by that name here in SoCal--so now as time has passed I've simply ignored the 1 as extraneous--

More than once--aviation buffs have mistakenly associated its meaning with the highest flying award granted to exceptional aviators who became Aces in the German Luftwaffe in WW I--I didn't realize I looked that old!!!

piezopaul

Reaction score
A piezoelectric crystal make electric energy from pressure. I am a phrenetic ER doc who uses the pressure of the ER to become energized. My name is Paul hence piezopaul.

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score

blumax

(deceased)
Reaction score
EErr name omission--senior moment

BLUMAX is the name of my E-9--his caretaker is Murray Fowler--who claims the E-9 seat time record by covering 500,000+ miles in them--a record that remains unchallenged to date. Those miles were covered in the three I have owned--BLUMAX still owned now spanning 38+ continuous years and the 25 others or so of other owner cars I have driven either a few miles or many hundreds of miles--as the one I delivered from Costa Mesa, California to Minneapolis, Minnesota about 12 years ago--a 25th Wedding Anniversary gift to a wife from her husband.

Arde--old is accurate--but not quite old enough to have personally known any of the WW I Luftwaffe Aces--did however have the pleasure of meeting General Doolittle an American hero of WW II a number of years ago.

Jellobmw

Site Donor
Reaction score
Jellobmw

JEL, my initials, which I had scribed onto some of my tools back in the early 80's. Then my oh-so-funny roommate got ahold of the scriber while I wasn't there and changed everything to JELLO. That plus the BMW, of which I've had one or another or many for 30+ years now.

Kinda stuck as a user name........

kwyjibo

Site Donor
Reaction score
kwyjibo: a big, dumb, balding North American ape, with no chin and a short temper.

I started using this Simpsons reference many years ago... and I can't let it go. Unfortunately, neither can a lot of other people. Luckily, the E9 crowd is relatively mature (unlike me) and I was the first to register with it. Woohoo!

verde2002

Site Donor
Reaction score
Blumax

Was your car present at the Southern Cali show in Van Nuya last year? I remember seeing a blue E9 that was extremely clean and the owner did say something to the effect that it had a few hundred thousand miles on it.

Last edited:

kfrito789

Reaction score
In the early 70's, I had a hair handlebar under my nose. My older sister nicknamed me the Frito the Bandito. If you recall, the Frito Bandito was the cartoon mascot for Fritos corn chips from 1967 to 1971.

blumax

(deceased)
Reaction score
Verde wrote:

"Was your car present at the Southern Cali show in Van Nuys last year? I remember seeing a blue E9 that was extremely clean and the owner did say something to the effect that it had a few hundred thousand miles on it."

One and the same--now with 413,875 miles

whalem6

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
name

Hello my name is tom whaley
I chose my name by the first BMW I purchased. I joined the forum before I bought my first cs. The forum was a great help in providing me some info I needed for the purchase of my cs's. whale is part of my last name and the m6 is the first car I bought. I now have 2 2800 cs's and 2 parts cars left. Thanks to all who have provided info. Tom

Honolulu

Reaction score
Honolulu here

Pretty simple, SOMEONE has to stand up for the (very) few E9s still left in Hawaii. I wonder if Kealaiki sold his silver CS? You still out there, K? Hello?