Where did you drive your coupe today?

Coast roads

Nice autumn evening light

20241012_213657.jpg
20241012_193535.jpg

Last edited:
Working on a coupe in Spain this week. But it’s not ready to drive yet.

Took a rental car to Terifa and collected a new sign for my international wall at the shop..
Nice! From Tarifa I would drive to Gibraltar and drive on the other side of the road.

that is a wild pig sign,

tarifa? Wind and comets

are there coupes in tarifa?

In Mijas. Leaving today for Valencia.

been raining… fall is here. Same temps rain or shine. Back to Portugal in November and then Spain in December. Life is good here. Watch out- the Americans are coming!

Attachments

• IMG_2248.png
    IMG_2248.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 4,072
425 miles today in the coupe, recon drive for our 2002 02berfest rally in Kerrville, Texas Next weekend. The 2002 group will be driving a Texas famous drive called the Three Twisted Sisters consisting three County Roads (335/336/337) that make a 100 mile are so loop…it’s a beautiful as well as dangerous drive…

IMG_0227.jpeg
IMG_0228.jpeg
IMG_0229.jpeg
IMG_0230.jpeg
IMG_0233.jpeg

Last edited:
they will be harvesting about now, so replenishing the supply starts again as well as release of last year's wine

wines are very different between countries, as far as I know Italy is different, for example, they appreciate younger wines, and wines are better, also french wines much better and with a similar concept

In Spain last years wine is “cosechero”, or “young wine”, despite some are making “vinos de autor” with those last year’s wines they are not much appreciated

people know that there are there levels as to wines, crianza, reserva, and gran reserva, this would be the highest quality, in terms of complexity and profoundness those are the ones, also as to price, but this does not mean that they are better for a given individual

crianza is a three year wine (counting from harvest) with at least 6 months in a wood barrel
reserva is six years, at least 12 months in barrel

not usual to askfor cosechero in spain when you want to enjoy a good bottle, normally considered less good wines, exception made of fresh wines, usually white ones, I.e. north coast offers riberio, Albariño, txakoli, those are last year wines

@sfdon will leave enough wine for the rest of us to drink, no worries…

Last edited:
Drove the CS out off the workshop and a round the block , testing clutch break gearbox drivetrain and park breaks.
Feels like all working well.
Car isn't finish now, some minor stuff to do.
But a big step for satisfying after 1 year of work.
Unfortunately, I get "her" not finish within the season......

Breiti

Attachments

• 20241017_161509.jpg
    20241017_161509.jpg
    374.4 KB · Views: 13
wines are very different between countries, as far as I know Italy is different, for example, they appreciate younger wines, and wines are better, also french wines much better and with a similar concept

In Spain last years wine is “cosechero”, or “young wine”, despite some are making “vinos de autor” with those last year’s wines they are not much appreciated

people know that there are there levels as to wines, crianza, reserva, and gran reserva, this would be the highest quality, in terms of complexity and profoundness those are the ones, also as to price, but this does not mean that they are better for a given individual

crianza is a three year wine (counting from harvest) with at least 6 months in a wood barrel
reserva is six years, at least 12 months in barrel

not usual to askfor cosechero in spain when you want to enjoy a good bottle, normally considered less good wines, exception made of fresh wines, usually white ones, I.e. north coast offers riberio, Albariño, txakoli, those are last year wines

@sfdon will leave enough wine for the rest of us to drink, no worries…
Spent the morning buying fine wines in the market in València (Albariño and Tempranillo) and the afternoon getting speeding tickets on the way to Barcelona…. Oh whoops

Jesus- how much for 140 in a 80?

I think this one may hurt….

Back