Who’s going to Monterey?

BMW Pete

Site Donor
Reaction score
Never miss it - I will be dragging my wife's Nash Metropolitan down to be sold at Goodings

More importantly, I will have my 1928 Isotta Fraschini on the lawn on Sunday. Feel free to come and see a sweating, overworked, crazy nut job trying to make it as clean as poss for judging
99E23120-4AC1-48FA-95CB-14E15F749262.jpeg

Rex Kapriellian

Reaction score
I may make the pilgrimage, possibly pull a car with the F150. That 6 hour drive up can get long without AC, exhaust/gas smell and leather. Takes the fun out of it sometimes. But something about that drive and seeing all the cool cars headed to the same spot.

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
@BMW Pete - Gorgeous Issota. I love these. My best friends father growing up had a big collection of pre-war and had a boat tail Issota in original condition. He's a Judge for the early cars at Pebble now. Maybe he's judging your class? His name is Jim Thomas

BMW Pete

Site Donor
Reaction score
@BMW Pete - Gorgeous Issota. I love these. My best friends father growing up had a big collection of pre-war and had a boat tail Issota in original condition. He's a Judge for the early cars at Pebble now. Maybe he's judging your class? His name is Jim Thomas
Thank you :)

I won't know the judges until the day, but would be fun if it was, although even if Jim, its all very official like for that 15 mins, so wouldn't be able to laugh about "eh, Jim, nice to meet you we have a mutual acquaintance ..............................................:)

Rex Kapriellian

Reaction score
Thank you :)

I won't know the judges until the day, but would be fun if it was, although even if Jim, its all very official like for that 15 mins, so wouldn't be able to laugh about "eh, Jim, nice to meet you we have a mutual acquaintance ..............................................:)
Ty, you got this. Put a good word in for @bmwpete

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Not me. Pete‘s IF was there and was selected for an award but wouldn’t start if I remember correctly. Was it 2018 or 2019? I am on the radio calling out to our runners to pull the cars selected from each class as results are released. It’s hectic and scary at the same time as we need to keep the holding area full before they cross the winners ramp. When the class hosts can’t find the driver or driver can’t find the key, or has a dead battery or even needs gas (how does that even happen?) we tend to panic as it is a real chore to bring them up through the crowd which is oblivious to the cars behind them. Afterwards I drink a lot of wine at the Beach Club! It makes Legends seem tame in comparison.

BMW Pete

Site Donor
Reaction score
Not me. Pete‘s IF was there and was selected for an award but wouldn’t start if I remember correctly. Was it 2018 or 2019? I am on the radio calling out to our runners to pull the cars selected from each class as results are released. It’s hectic and scary at the same time as we need to keep the holding area full before they cross the winners ramp. When the class hosts can’t find the driver or driver can’t find the key, or has a dead battery or even needs gas (how does that even happen?) we tend to panic as it is a real chore to bring them up through the crowd which is oblivious to the cars behind them. Afterwards I drink a lot of wine at the Beach Club! It makes Legends seem tame in comparison.
Hi Chris

No, I was talking about my E9 in 2016, getting second in class for 100 years of BMW - BTW beaten by a 507 that had a $1M RM restoration (to me almost like a win:) ). Maybe it was Paul C who called me up that time.

I cannot tell you how chuffed/humbled I was, as this is the only time an E9 has been judged on the lawn at the PB concours and had some serious competition because BMW was the celebrated marque in 2016

FE225DE4-121D-402C-A8C2-BAB1B1962FC8_1_105_c.jpeg

The IF was there in 2017, for the year of Isotta Fraschini, it was meant to go across the ramp, but sadly the engine had blown up on the tour. So could not be judged and was there just on display. Found out the engine had cracks as it had been a trailer queen for years before I purchased, so nobody had truly driven it more than a few hundred yards.

The repairs on a cracked original 1928 engine have been horrendous, but seems we are good to go now.

Last edited: