Who’s going to Monterey?

lafngrvy

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Here's my complete program for the week:

This Friday- driving Luigi CSL in the kick-off parade into downtown Monterey.
Saturday & Sunday- racing both cars in the Pre-Reunion races.
Tuesday- Entered the Fischer Technik 2002 in the Carmel Concours
Thursday thru Sunday- At the track racing 3 cars.

If you are at any of these events please stop by and say "Hello."

IMG_4349.JPG

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hi Chris

No, I was talking about my E9 in 2016, getting second in class for 100 years of BMW - BTW beaten by a 507 that had a $1M RM restoration (to me almost like a win:) ). Maybe it was Paul C who called me up that time.

I cannot tell you how chuffed/humbled I was, as this is the only time an E9 has been judged on the lawn at the PB concours and had some serious competition because BMW was the celebrated marque in 2016

View attachment 123934

The IF was there in 2017, for the year of Isotta Fraschini, it was meant to go across the ramp, but sadly the engine had blown up on the tour. So could not be judged and was there just on display. Found out the engine had cracks as it had been a trailer queen for years before I purchased, so nobody had truly driven it more than a few hundred yards.

The repairs on a cracked original 1928 engine have been horrendous, but seems we are good to go now.
So, you were the guy who caused the one hour delay in the middle of the tour while they cleaned up the road. I remember watching while the procession of cars just stopped, and hearing about the extensive process they go through in CA anytime there are fluids spilled on the roads.

We were speculating about whether you would get a bill for the road clean up. Did you?

Dan Mooney

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Beautiful! Am I reading the color right? Is it closer to tangerine?
The Miura colors were inconsistent, and are a little difficult to explain, but this particular car is effectively a red/orange. In most lights it looks orange, in some it looks red. There is a different color that is more of a pale orange.

BMW Pete

Site Donor
Reaction score
So, you were the guy who caused the one hour delay in the middle of the tour while they cleaned up the road. I remember watching while the procession of cars just stopped, and hearing about the extensive process they go through in CA anytime there are fluids spilled on the roads.

We were speculating about whether you would get a bill for the road clean up. Did you?
Hi Ohmess,

That wasn't me sir, I broke down on Big Sur after pulling over to the side, everybody went past me fine. I had a puddle of what looked like a Starbucks Latte on the lay by , but nothing terrible for the road, although terrible for little old me though :)
1628128771713.jpeg

1628128878351.jpeg

Rex Kapriellian

Reaction score
Here's my complete program for the week:

This Friday- driving Luigi CSL in the kick-off parade into downtown Monterey.
Saturday & Sunday- racing both cars in the Pre-Reunion races.
Tuesday- Entered the Fischer Technik 2002 in the Carmel Concours
Thursday thru Sunday- At the track racing 3 cars.

If you are at any of these events please stop by and say "Hello."

View attachment 124050
That’s a full schedule

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
If you registered for Legends or plan to attend as a spectator, the venue has been changed and details will be e-mailed this weekend. The Monterey Board of Supervisors decided at the last moment that the residents of Carmel Valley Village needed to vote on whether the event should be held, unbelievable!

Hopefully it will be held at the Monterey Fairgrounds on the grass, much easier to get to than the Village, stay tuned.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
And the Carmel Valley Village Association sent a letter of thanks to the Supervisor for the CCA cancelling the event of which the CCA had no other choice. Great PR work there.

Norm!

Site Donor $
Reaction score
The Board of Supervisors seems really competent at screwing up the car scene that helps feed local merchants.
What will happen relative to lunch purchases participants have made? I assume the breakfast purchases are easy to move to another venue.

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
I will be at Concorso Italiano on Saturday with a friend and his 1967 Miura. We just wrapped up a mechanical rebuild on the car, although we won’t win any prizes in the beauty contest!

View attachment 124070
Great looking car,regardless of the detailing. It reminds me of the Miura I saw in 1970 with the body-painted Sebring fender mirrors. I bought them for my 1969 Fiat 124 Spyder and had them painted Positano Yellow. The factory door mirror was removed and an Abarth grill badge covered the mounting holes. That's how a 24-year-old treats his first brand new car.