Wiring harness strategies.

I'm working on the electrical diagram and I haven't found 2 wires...
Alvaro,

since you are doing '74, if you send me an autocad version of a file, i am happy to modify it for the earlier USA version + then we can look at other versions (which shouldn't be that much different). this is a really worthwhile endeavor for most coupe owners

scott

That's a great diagram!! Exactly what I was thinking of doing. The diagram gets much clearer when you remove all of the complex subassemblies and only look at connectors and terminals.

Now all we need is some way to impose dimensions, and identify wire bundles.

BTW, I noticed in the E9 diagram, there is really only one "splice"(in the headlamp circuit), but there are a number of small connectors that seem to join multiple wires. In the later ETM for the 635, BMW went to a slightly different convention separating splices and connectors, and providing detailed locations for each of them.
One method to identify wiring bundles might be to attempt to replicate this type of diagram. Its a splice location diagram from the e28 electrical troubleshooting book, but I think this concept (if someone has the expertise to figure out how to implement it) could be used to detail the locations of each discrete wiring bundle:

Attachments

• e28 wiring splice locations.pdf
    59.4 KB · Views: 10
Back