WTB: Dash ashtray, early coupes

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
@LegendE9,

Is there anything different about the top half of the dashboard? That is the hard part of the install. A recently installed grab bar and under tray panels can be removed in well under an hour. Thanks for sharing the pics! Hope it works out for everyone!

LeG9ND

Reaction score
Hi Markos. My first post after years of "read-only" (as explained in my introduction post) and I get a reaction of one of the biggest experts in the field. Let me take this opportunity and thank you for all the knowledge you have shared with me through this forum. You rock!

I have to admit it has been a while when I installed the grab bar together with my dad. So it is good news that the grab bar is easily removed. I will actually start looking for a good "normal" grab bar right away, so i can offer both the centre ashtray grab bar with the ashtray for those interested.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Markos. My first post after years of "read-only" (as explained in my introduction post) and I get a reaction of one of the biggest experts in the field. Let me take this opportunity and thank you for all the knowledge you have shared with me through this forum. You rock!

I have to admit it has been a while when I installed the grab bar together with my dad. So it is good news that the grab bar is easily removed. I will actually start looking for a good "normal" grab bar right away, so i can offer both the centre ashtray grab bar with the ashtray for those interested.

I’m no expert but happy to help.

The under dash panel come off quickly with a few screws. I don’t think you need to remove it to get the grab bar off though.

To remove the grab bar, gently remove the aluminum trim. It is a press fit. Then there are about 10 screws that secure it.