WTB Getrag 265 OD

billpatterson

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi there Forum!

I am looking for a Getrag 5 spd OD. The one I have needs rebuilding and with how labor adds up, I am looking to replace it with another.

All the best,
Bill

bavaria

Reaction score
Bill, you might try Carl Nelson at La Jolla Independent or SF Don on this board. You will want
one with the speedo drive installed if possible or your parts from your 4 speed may also fit.

billpatterson

Site Donor
Reaction score
Bill, you might try Carl Nelson at La Jolla Independent or SF Don on this board. You will want
one with the speedo drive installed if possible or your parts from your 4 speed may also fit.

Hi Sean
THX! Are you saying Carl or Don may have transmissions to sell!?

I am having issues with the Getrag 265 I currently have installed in my bavaria resto. I am looking for options to replace. My current 5 spd has a mechanical speedo drive that I will swap over if needed.

Regards
Bill

Last edited:

mulberryworks

Mr. Fixity
Site Donor
Reaction score
Bill, Carl or Don may have some available. Jim Rowe at Metric Mechanic may have some
rebuilt ones on the shelf although they will be pricy or he can rebuild yours.
My understanding is that Metric Mechanic has reengineered the parts needed to rebuild the 265 because many are NLA from BMW. This gives a more robust transmission, unfortunately with a more robust price. Some shops have caches of parts for their own use, but I wouldn't expect them to share.

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Selling a tranny for 1500.00 means losing 5000.00 in business doing a swap..

you would lose more money than you would make….