wtb taiga green or orange real CSL

ludo

Reaction score
saving weight improves handling and acceleration, power improves top speed and gaining 40mph takes a loooot of power especially if there was some added downforce/drag

E911

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Driving a real lightweight is a very different experience... hp and torque feel great but "lightness" is another thing all together- both good and even better when combined.

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Amen to that

The first thing I noticed when I got my Lotus clone was how different the transient behavior was. And I don't mean just acceleration, but braking, turn in, how fast the chassis takes a set, etc. It's very diffferent and cool as a contrast to the big and powerful approach. I like it so much that I might just buy another early Lotus/Elva/Ginetta sports racer and use an E9 as a tow vehicle.

John

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i remember having to drive an early 70's lotus europa across a big patch of ice in my early days. wow, what a trip trying to keep a super lightweight car planted.

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
orange CSL (#2211723)

For example, call the nice folks over at Classic Heros in the UK (if you haven't already).

John

I don't know how much they've driven it or if they'd ever consider selling it, or if it's sold already. I do know it's the cleanest CSL I've ever seen. This one looks immaculate, e.g. nut and bolt restored to correct configuration. It makes Macha's E9 look ... dare I say ... dingy.

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
But the classic heros car is different

N is looking for an early carbureted lightweight.
As a vintage race car you want a real bat w twin cam mill. But, As a driver I agree with his choice of an early csl as these are the least diluted.