WTB-Wood Dashboard parts or assembly

Thomas76

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Its a long shot but to avoid the high cost of buying a complete setup I'm considering replacing just the bad sections. I am also open to buying one that needs a little love yet.

The worst piece I've got to replace is the passenger side curved plywood (speaker cutout).
The base is also a little rotten on the passenger side.
Thanks in advance!

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hi. Please send me your email and I will send you photos of Pieces my friend is selling.
Thanks

jmackro

Reaction score
Its a long shot but to avoid the high cost of buying a complete setup I'm considering replacing just the bad sections.

If you can find good, used pieces, that would probably be your cheapest solution. But FYI, Madera Concepts does sell individual pieces; you don't need to buy a full set. They will also attempt to match the finish on newly-made pieces if you send them a sample of your good pieces. See the write-up at: http://www.maderaconcepts.com/NewSite/VehiclePages/bmw_vehicles.html#BMW_2800_3_0

Thomas76

Site Donor $
Reaction score
@jmackro thanks for the website recommendation. Its quite lovely to scroll down and see how stuff should look!
I hope to snag a few leads with enthusiasts, but if that doesn't work I will be calling these guys.

Ajay

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thomas i have an extra dash set that I had redone professionally. The gauge pods on the gauge console were resprayed SEM Satin Black. The only piece 20181016_202930.jpg missing from the dash section is the speaker cutout. There is a guy on ebay who sells that piece and you can have it re-veneered as I did on the set going in my car. You can have your door wood re-veneered to match.

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thomas,

I'm pretty sure I have a base that is in good condition. I also have a wooden surround for the gauges - I'll need to look at it, probably needs refinishing at the least. I can provide pix if you'll send me your direct email.

Gary Knox
Pennsylvania

Thomas76

Site Donor $
Reaction score
One last bump. Driver door wood and dash long curved piece (speaker mount) still needed. Thank you.