Andrew Wilson's '73 CSi

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Attended TedFest 2017 in Mississauga, Ontario. 211 BMWs in attendance. Athena won Best of Show! One stipulation, I bring the trophy back in 2018.

Truly wonderful event, many familiar faces, made quite a few new friends and met several people from mye28 & 2002FAQ. There was an afternoon rain squall that passed through as the awards and prizes were being presented and called out. Then blue skies returned for the rest of the day and the post show Bar-B-Que at Ted Kalman's house.

IMG_3892.JPG
IMG_3929.JPG

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Andrew, the personal looks good, especially with the fjord exterior. i know somebody that would love to buy the petri. let me know if you want to sell it

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i get it Andrew ... i have a petri and a leather one coming ... and i have a friend who wants one, but i'm not ready to sell one of mine. i don't have quite the collection as you, but i do have 4

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Review: Love the size and feel of the 1965 Personal steering wheel, it is the most well proportioned of my collection. The bright chrome finish and reddish hue of the wood look good in pictures yet I find them distracting while driving. Had grown so use the to the understated 380mm Petri so this will take some getting used to. The 400mm size suits the car better as I tend to like large steering wheels.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I had a similar wheel and found it too light when making turns. The petri has a bit more mass which to me gave a better feel

Review: Love the size and feel of the 1965 Personal steering wheel, it is the most well proportioned of my collection. The bright chrome finish and reddish hue of the wood look good in pictures yet I find them distracting while driving. Had grown so use the to the understated 380mm Petri so this will take some getting used to. The 400mm size suits the car better as I tend to like large steering wheels.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Andrew,

i have a 400 petri if you ever want to try that.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Athena won Best BMW & Best of Show at the BMW CCA Green Mountain Chapter OktoberFast on September 29 in Stowe Vermont. Kudos to Cindy Wilson for driving, detailing and representing the car so well. (Yes that's my E28 M5)

Athena placed third at the Nor'East'02ers Fall Gathering at the LANAM Club in Andover MA on October 14th. Award was based on color, the 3 Fjord cars won.

Next we are off to Terry Sayther's O2berfest in Fredricksburg Texas Oct 26-29, then BMW CCA O'Fest in New Orleans Oct 29-Nov 5.

IMG_4547.JPG
IMG_4595.JPG

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
See you in Fredericksburg, Andrew! Long range forecast predicts spectacular weather for Terry's event.

Ed

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Removing Athena's air dam this weekend for it's annual repair and repaint. 1st picture is of the 6th painting and 3rd repair. 2nd picture is damage from driving to Monterey CA, did touch up paint before Legends 2016.

Also sent in the Greenwich Concours application, selection committee meets December 7th.

VSR Scribe C.jpg
IMG_2185.jpg
IMG_1790.jpg

Gransin

Site Donor
Reaction score
Your car is beautiful as always, Andrew.
After reading your last post about having to repaint the front spoiler alot, I got to thinking if for example 3M "clear bra" protection film would help avoiding stone chips on your long journeys?
It couldn't be too hard to install on the spoiler, I think.