What did you do to your E9 today?

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hi Scott,

If you send me what you consider to be a good photographic representation of Ceylon, I'm sure I can get you pretty close. I'll go through all the color swatches, make a recommendation and submit for your approval.
Cheers!
Dan
Dan, i sent a pic via PM as well as an email ... many thanks
scott

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Taped off the topside, mixed up the Glazurit, and good guy Barney shot the underside of the 2000CS.

95A61BE9-1CE4-45B2-B531-6B3CFD35D946.jpeg

E186B0B8-AA38-4315-BC99-5C96227C1DC1.jpeg

Beforehand, I took the last opportunity to apply POR15 paste to any weld seam or open crevices.

CD298C2A-80D6-4469-AE83-C78FA3C7267F.jpeg

Now I can begin bolting things back on... “where did I put those bolts????”

Ed

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Oh, there’s a few inconveniences...mostly 100 degree heat in summer, but we natives are accustomed to all that.

This is Barney’s private hideaway built similarly to Terry Sayther’s shop in Austin below.
It is so great to see the cars in both of the shops - very easy on the eyes. :cool:

Philippe db

Reaction score
Must be great having such a lovely place to gather, talk about and work on BMW's. If it wasn't so far I would drive down with a few crates of cooled Stella's.:)

ccr2002

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
35928103_198643484129905_3433121742292254720_n.jpg

Beautiful night, drove up to walk the beach with the wife and kid
Beautiful pic! I assume your family doesn’t mind you bringing the shop vac and converter to vacuum them down to avoid sand in the car. Or a complete change of socks and shoes and a garbage bag for the sandy stuff? My family is used to the surgical shoe covers they have to wear.

floridabmx

Reaction score
Beautiful pic! I assume your family doesn’t mind you bringing the shop vac and converter to vacuum them down to avoid sand in the car. Or a complete change of socks and shoes and a garbage bag for the sandy stuff? My family is used to the surgical shoe covers they have to wear.

My car ain’t that nice to sweat it that much, but ya I’ll just shop vac it afterwards. But there was a garbage bag in the trunk for shoes :)

mulberryworks

Mr. Fixity
Site Donor
Reaction score
Taped off the topside, mixed up the Glazurit, and good guy Barney shot the underside of the 2000CS.

Beforehand, I took the last opportunity to apply POR15 paste to any weld seam or open crevices.

Now I can begin bolting things back on... “where did I put those bolts????”

Ed

Nice shots of the body dolly. I'd been wondering what solutions people had used to mount the body of wheels. Yes, the reassembly awaits....

Ian

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
It was take your coupe to work day for me and since I was on 5 miles away, a quick visit to VSR to see the new shop! Very nice, spacious, and already at least 2 E9s in process and another 2 waiting. VSR is the go to shop for E9s on the east coast.

Rek

Reaction score
35928103_198643484129905_3433121742292254720_n.jpg

Beautiful night, drove up to walk the beach with the wife and kid

Now that is a beautiful looking car. I look in envy at the door shuts having been the victim of pattern parts and a body guy who was less than fully capable.

Can you post a picture of what its like when its 'waken up' to driving height. It would be good to see what stance you have selected. A couple of questions - can you adjust the height easily, and what does it ride like?