What did you do to your E9 today?

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
It's funny to think that one uses floor mats to protect the carpet, but now we're concerned about protecting the mats. :D

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
View attachment 47000 View attachment 47001 View attachment 47002 View attachment 47003

Checked on Jabberjaw which is under going an engine bay and undercarriage restoration/refresh. Spoiler and area behind the grills too. All belt line trim polished and one paint defect corrected on left front fender. Then it’s on to redoing the front door panels and adjusting the window to get rid of wind noise. Fortunately there was no rust besides light surface in a couple of places. Rockers are solid. The undercarriage wasn’t up to the quality of the car. Now it’s perfect.
they are both looking perfect in my eye ...

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
my coupe left the paint shop today for a ride over to see Bdigel ... where Brendan is going to yank the engine and mechanicals so that the engine bay can be painted ceylon ... i am promised that the car will be painted soon. then we can put the new engine and all of the other stuff in ... then get SFDon over here to put megasquirt on.

ccr2002

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
my coupe left the paint shop today for a ride over to see Bdigel ... where Brendan is going to yank the engine and mechanicals so that the engine bay can be painted ceylon ... i am promised that the car will be painted soon. then we can put the new engine and all of the other stuff in ... then get SFDon over here to put megasquirt on.

I’m excited to see more Ceylon coupe pictures and all the details of the build.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
well i don't think any other ceylon coupes will look as good as your two (CSL + CS) ... but this will turn out very good. the body is looking great, SFDon's engine is beautiful ... the wood that Gary did is gorgeous, the interior with Keshav's leather 38 petri along with the sport scheels. we are going to get the color right with your two wonderful ceylon coupes as the example to work to.

the engine, tranny, radiator, exhaust are already out. the brakes, wiring and a/c are next ... Brendan promises to have the car back to the painter early next week. i will see the paint test panel when i get back in town next weekend ...

mulberryworks

Mr. Fixity
Site Donor
Reaction score
Fantastic! I’ve been wanting to mold some stuff also. I have a spare ignition cover in slightly better shape if you want to go through the hassle again.

It's not much hassle, really since the part is so small. I'd love to have a second mold since they don't last forever.

Ian

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Mounted and Roadforce balanced 4 new General Altimax RTs

85CA56E8-7FD7-4D13-9718-8567197C38A3.jpeg
DEC9A633-6330-4976-A535-471ED9E067C1.jpeg

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Stan, recommend putting both lights on the car so you get a realistic idea of how they look. Then take pics of the whole car at different angles and heights.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
hey Dan ... that is amazing fit and color match. i guess i need to see if they have one that will match ceylon.

Dan Mooney

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
hey Dan ... that is amazing fit and color match. i guess i need to see if they have one that will match ceylon.
Hi Scott,

If you send me what you consider to be a good photographic representation of Ceylon, I'm sure I can get you pretty close. I'll go through all the color swatches, make a recommendation and submit for your approval.
Cheers!
Dan

ccr2002

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Dan, I’d take one in Taiga and Ceylon each with 3.0 CSL. Then another in Ceylon just 3.0 CS and one in Polaris 3.5 CSi. Or send me contact for who makes it.