What did you do to your E9 today?

ccr2002

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
BE975D6A-9825-4438-8793-00C191CFD579.jpeg
397443AF-17E6-4495-9D92-3F621E3882D3.jpeg

Charged the battery and swapped CSLs for the ride home and first time out this year.

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I'd like to give a BIG shout-out to SFDon and Peter C for stopping by and spending so much time inspecting the 2000CS this afternoon. I was thrilled to hear so many good things about the engine and to have some genuine experts go over some of the finest details prior to reassembly. I took notes and mostly listened...

I'll start posting some pictures soon, but we are very close to begin bolting pieces back onto the car.

Thank you both for all the tips and the detailed explanations for some of the intricacies I might have overlooked.

Ed Z

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Lots to be said about this car and the owners quest to make it into one of the best to be found in the USA.
Beautiful car with a world of effort put into it.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I'll start posting some pictures soon, but we are very close to begin bolting pieces back onto the car.

Ed Z

Ed,

As I pull the last bit of wiring out of my CSI and think "oh crap I need to do this again", I must take my hat off to you. It is one thing to take a car completely apart, but another to put it back together properly. I had an "I don't want to do this anymore" moment on Friday night while dealing with my rear axle disassembly. Kudos to you for making this happen!

P.S. So THAT is what Granada is supposed to look like! ;)

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Beautiful car with a world of effort put into it.

Kind words indeed, Don. Paint was farmed out to a professional, but the rest of this has been handled by simple, but motivated,enthusiasts. Underlying all of it was the fact that the car had very good bones. Through diligent pursuit, and some good friends, I've been able to find and acquire some very choice bits for the finish-out.

I haven't posted a lot of pictures to the build thread, but I have been working on all the bits. At some point soon, I'll update that thread to bring everyone up to speed. In the meantime, I'm still sorting out some details, but the wheels are in motion and reassembly will begin very soon.

Ed

BTW... paint pictures are from the paint shop. Our work space is not at that level...

93C23665-73D1-44EA-9833-E008AF155B58.jpeg

Last edited:

mulberryworks

Mr. Fixity
Site Donor
Reaction score
I've taken some time to create a mold of my spare ignition switch cover. The silicone rubber mold has come out well and I've ordered the material to cast some copies. It's not a perfect master, but it will be serviceable. It's even picked up the texture in the plastic, so it should look good. The silicone rubber made a perfect mold of the back side where the ridge grabs onto the lock, so that should work well. We'll see. No price yet, I have to see how many my supplies will make and what the demand is. This molding stuff works great but is not cheap.

Ian

Ignition-Switch-Cover-mold-creation.jpg

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Fantastic! I’ve been wanting to mold some stuff also. I have a spare ignition cover in slightly better shape if you want to go through the hassle again.

Philippe db

Reaction score
Visited the BMW heritage days at BMW Brussels. Was in good company and had the chance of test driving the new M5. Very impressive!

Attachments

• IMG_2834.JPG
    IMG_2834.JPG
    183.3 KB · Views: 250
  • IMG_2841.JPG
    IMG_2841.JPG
    227.9 KB · Views: 257
  • IMG_2831.JPG
    IMG_2831.JPG
    233.7 KB · Views: 231
  • IMG_2827.JPG
    IMG_2827.JPG