"Mad Max's " S54 powered E9 project

bdigel

Reaction score
Things are happening fast at the body shop now, car is masked up and ready for color on the undercarriage , interior , engine bay , and inside the wheel wells

Bacsl Masked up 3.jpg

Bacsl masked  up 2.jpg

BA CSL masked up 4.jpg

BA CSL masked up 5.jpg

BA CSL masked  off.jpg

Ready for paint !!

bdigel

Reaction score
BaCSL  orange .jpg
the undercarriage , interior, trunk, etc painted

BA CSL  rear wheel liner.jpg

BA CSL  rear wheel liner.jpg
Bacsl orange  fender liner.jpg

BaCSL  orange .jpg

Attachments

• BA CSL orange 3.jpg
    BA CSL orange 3.jpg
    222.8 KB · Views: 161

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Brendan, how are you going to fill the gap between the body fender and the fender flare? i assume that you are going to put all of the original filler panels between the inner fender and outer fender

bdigel

Reaction score
Brendan, how are you going to fill the gap between the body fender and the fender flare? i assume that you are going to put all of the original filler panels between the inner fender and outer fender

Scott That's on the drawing board , doesn't look like the stock pieces will fit any more so will have to have some made .

the interior painting is done , a teaser look at how the outlaw style floor panels will look once installed

finished floors.jpg

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
you should look at the tranny tunnel insulation that was discussed a month or so ago. the new flexible type material. i have the e28 5 series stuff that we are going to put in mine ... but the newer stuff seems easier + perhaps better.

bdigel

Reaction score
you should look at the tranny tunnel insulation that was discussed a month or so ago. the new flexible type material. i have the e28 5 series stuff that we are going to put in mine ... but the newer stuff seems easier + perhaps better.

Hopefully the lizard skin applied there will take care of any heat and help muffle out the noise . That's what that product is designed for , Gary also used it in his car , however is heat is still radiates into the cabin Ill line those areas with the stuff I put on my race cars . You should look into the lizard skin . The lizard skin is the reason much of the interior has a textured finish .

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hopefully the lizard skin applied there will take care of any heat and help muffle out the noise . That's what that product is designed for , Gary also used it in his car , however is heat is still radiates into the cabin Ill line those areas with the stuff I put on my race cars . You should look into the lizard skin . The lizard skin is the reason much of the interior has a textured finish .
in order to put that all over my interior, i would have to spend a lot of time pulling up all of the sound insulation that the PO put there - inside the door panels, etc. since we aren't painting the underside of my car i will leave that like it is and add insulation / heat shield to the tranny tunnel.

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score

Looking great Brendan. Like the COLOR!!!!

bdigel

Reaction score
see you have the cool rear unit bracket brace
good job
what diff is that?

It is a med case diff with an early E28 rear housing , with a 3.25 gear to match the 1 to1 5th gear of the e36 5spd .

DSCN3519.JPG

DSCN3520.JPG

DSCN3521.JPG

The paint work continues

bdigel

Reaction score
color looks awesome - who's paint are they using? color formula looks very correct

I forgot the name of company Andy uses , about a year ago he got an inhouse deal where he mixes the paint himself , its a whole system . On the exterior he used a white primer so the color wouldn't be muddy and really "pop" Ill have some exterior shots in a few days