1971 2800 Sahara

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Are you talking about the carpet, the seats or both? I think definitely the carpet.
Both. Just a thought, but it may be a little busy with the wood and the tobacco/rust vinyl. I'd have to ponder that one. I also like the idea of the dash then matching the rest of the interior.

Frederick

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Door panels in black as well? The Sapele mohagany would definitely stand out against the black carpet and seat.

Frederick

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
After 3 months, I retrieved the now Agave 2800 from the paint shop. Looks fantastic, still in pieces and requires a sanding with 2000 grit and polish with a fine compound. Needs to be all together. Also will give the shop an opportunity to repair all the expected bumps and scrapes the rebuild will undoubtedly engender.
Almost had a panic ATTACK !, Where do I start? overwhelming
Bad lighting on the hood, looks blue almost. It actually is the same color as the rear, which is accurate.

Attachments

• IMG_1592.jpeg
    IMG_1592.jpeg
    274.1 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_1599.jpeg
    IMG_1599.jpeg
    503.3 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_1596.jpeg
    IMG_1596.jpeg
    376.9 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_1599.jpeg
    IMG_1599.jpeg
    503.3 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_1594.jpeg
    IMG_1594.jpeg
    333 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_1596.jpeg
    IMG_1596.jpeg
    376.9 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_1597.jpeg
    IMG_1597.jpeg
    364.9 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_1598.jpeg
    IMG_1598.jpeg
    289.3 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_1593.jpeg
    IMG_1593.jpeg
    364.6 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_1591.jpeg
    IMG_1591.jpeg
    370 KB · Views: 91

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Looks great! Just take your time, I have already taken three months and I didn’t pull motor or subframes and I’m retired.

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
still in pieces and requires a sanding with 2000 grit and polish with a fine compound.
Beautiful! I would cut and buff it BEFORE you start assembly. It will be much easier to get close with the buffer to where the trim will be.

Assembly is the reward you get for all your hard work up to this point. I don't think there is any step more satisfying in a restoration than putting the polished stainless and new chrome and other trim on a freshly painted car. :love:

Frederick

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Looks great! Just take your time, I have already taken three months and I didn’t pull motor or subframes and I’m retired.
Thanks Chris, I’m also retired, but I’m giving it six months, at least. I don’t have the motor or the seats or the carpet and this is my first rodeo!
Subframes are ready to bolt on, I’m more concerned with the electrics.

Frederick

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Beautiful! I would cut and buff it BEFORE you start assembly. It will be much easier to get close with the buffer to where the trim will be.

Assembly is the reward you get for all your hard work up to this point. I don't think there is any step more satisfying in a restoration than putting the polished stainless and new chrome and other trim on a freshly painted car. :love:
Yeah, got a real boost putting on the new taillights and chrome .almost put on the rear bumper.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Frederick,

esty just made a trunk carpet for my new-to-me Agave 72 Bavaria. World U had an original color I liked but did not make the carpet for the e3, trunk too wide. esty found a perfect match from one of her suppliers and just today put it in the mail. She also did custom carpet mats(front and rear) and a trunk carpet for my 76 2002.

She is the best by far. Ask anyone here or 2002faq.

If you would like photos of her work on my 02 or the Bavaria, let me know.

Steve

PS: Unlike you perched at 7,000 above, I am a mere 410 above in Bucks County PA. Also retired, ageing in place, but finding turn your balls to ice cubes AC now a necessity not a luxury in any classic I drive.

Frederick

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Frederick,

esty just made a trunk carpet for my new-to-me Agave 72 Bavaria. World U had an original color I liked but did not make the carpet for the e3, trunk too wide. esty found a perfect match from one of her suppliers and just today put it in the mail. She also did custom carpet mats(front and rear) and a trunk carpet for my 76 2002.

Steve

PS: Unlike you perched at 7,000 above, I am a mere 410 above in Bucks County PA. Also retired, ageing in place, but finding turn your balls to ice cubes AC now a necessity not a luxury in any classic I drive.
Steve, I’ll look into that, believe I finally decided on carpet. I thought world you made the carpet for the trunk.
Being from Louisiana, I understand your pain. That is principally why I moved to Park city. I haven’t I had to use the AC yet and it’s 55 in the morning, makes it pleasant to work outside or in the garage, which is my main residence

Frederick

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Frederick,

Steve

Frederick

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Steve, buy yourself a plane ticket and come visit Paradise in Utah. My wife just left for Louisiana. I’m here all summer. You can enjoy the cool weather, the mountains and talk cars. I’ve only met one person personally on the forum and that was Stevehose who lived in New Orleans till a year ago. I’ve got plenty of room and oh, I’m building a car in my garage.

Frederick

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
for anyone foolish enough to remove the Trunk torsion rods, or has to replace them, it can be a bitch. After checking the Blue book,in German there is a SPECIAL tool.
Otherwise known as Drehstabfedern mit Workzeug 51200 Ausheben! With the Workzeug and holding your mouth right,it is a breeze.
Here is my Werkzeug mit nuts and bolts.

IMG_1672.JPG
IMG_1673.JPG
IMG_1670.JPG
IMG_1671.JPG

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Love the cad plating. Such a finished look. I've gone crazy with it on a few hot rods I've built. I think this much was about $150 US.
cad 001 copy.jpg

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I am having taillight envy. Your backup lights are huge, mine, integrated into one of the red lenses. The grill work on either side of the license plate is a lovely touch missing on my '72. And I prefer the more subtle vents on the C pillar over mine. More aerodynamic looking.

My Agave has tan vinyl, what will yours be?

Finally, I can't remember how to "watch" Help!

Frederick

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thanks, I am very happy with the way the rear of the car came out.!
I ordered from WU. Bamboo -Gobi: Difficult decision. Tried not to clash with the Console:

IMG_1778 2.JPG

Frederick

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
IMG_1781.jpeg
I am having taillight envy. Your backup lights are huge, mine, integrated into one of the red lenses. The grill work on either side of the license plate is a lovely touch missing on my '72. And I prefer the more subtle vents on the C pillar over mine. More aerodynamic looking.

My Agave has tan vinyl, what will yours be?

Finally, I can't remember how to "watch" Help!
Put on a wheel and the side vents. They’re usually painted black, but according to Christoph, they came from the factory, the color of the car.