1973 3.0 CSi - A resto project

mark99

Site Donor
Reaction score
your car is probably like mine (72), the shoulder belt is attached to the ceiling
When you are not using it you are supposed to fold it up and tuck it into a flap on the ceiling
There is a person that makes a 'conversion', there is a strap that hangs down from that ceiling bolt with a loop closer to your shoulder and an inertia real on the floor
I bought one but have not installed it yet
I believe he is in North Carolina
I will send you his contact by PM

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
since the 2800cs does not have a roof hoop, i have a 2 point 'lap' belt with an inertia wheel. i got the setup from Coupeking.
http://www.coupeking.com/product/e9-cs-lap-belts-retractors/

another alternative is to use e24 - 3 point belts with the inertia wheel set into the body (behind the rear door jamb). this is something i have been looking into doing. you can still buy the e24 seatbelt from w+n - new

FGS

Site Donor
Reaction score
since the 2800cs does not have a roof hoop, i have a 2 point 'lap' belt with an inertia wheel. i got the setup from Coupeking.
http://www.coupeking.com/product/e9-cs-lap-belts-retractors/

another alternative is to use e24 - 3 point belts with the inertia wheel set into the body (behind the rear door jamb). this is something i have been looking into doing. you can still buy the e24 seatbelt from w+n - new

Thank you for the tip, actually I had the same thought but unfortunately I was in a hurry as the body guy was waiting for the parts, then I found a NOS Stahl, two points, seat belts:

a3a8ecd0f5b3db130c7e7dbb8b5dceed.jpg

So I bought them. They‘re on their way for the shop now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FGS

Site Donor
Reaction score
I've an odd question for those who have reupholstered their cars: do you have glued the carpets when you replaced them? All the carpets? I mean tunnel, footwell, sills etc?

Gransin

Site Donor
Reaction score
I've an odd question for those who have reupholstered their cars: do you have glued the carpets when you replaced them? All the carpets? I mean tunnel, footwell, sills etc?

I hope I’m not intruding in your thread, but as I’m just about to put in my own carpet and have the same question about the glue, I just wanted to add a question in this same matter.
Should we use any carpet underfelt?

FGS

Site Donor
Reaction score
I've seen that the felt goes at least under the floor carpets, I don't know about the rest

mark99

Site Donor
Reaction score
I don't think there is any way around gluing the parts that were glued: sills, transmission tunnel cover

FGS

Site Donor
Reaction score
I don't think there is any way around gluing the parts that were glued: sills, transmission tunnel cover

Hi Mark, sorry but I didn’t get it: carpets were not originally glued?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Only the flat floor pieces were not glued but held in by snaps, there is a post on the floor and circlip in the carpet.