1973 3.0 CSi - A resto project

FGS

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks Chris, Scott

I've just contacted KHM asking them for three two-tone loop samples: light tan, charcoal and black. I'll post a photo of them as soon as I get them.

F.

FGS

Site Donor
Reaction score
Still slow with the reassembly as everything is quite complicated.
Basically now it's interiors time but I don't know if the gear lever needs a rubber boot or not:

diag_ey4.png

For sure there was not any rubber boot in my car but it was already used as parts car so I don't know if it's missing or not. Any clue?

FGS

Site Donor
Reaction score
Yes Andrew, I've seen that the ZF has a rubber boot and I wondered if I miss it. So no rubber boot?

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
There is a rubber boot that goes over the gearshift stalk from the interior side. It is used to keep all the fumes out of the car. The original boots are pretty flimsy. On my car I used a CV joint boot as it was a little more substantial and I think did a better job. I forgot which size but it was from an older VW.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Yes Andrew, I've seen that the ZF has a rubber boot and I wondered if I miss it. So no rubber boot?

There is a boot that goes over the linkage in the car as per Peter Coomaraswamy. The boot you want is on another BMW illustration.

FGS

Site Donor
Reaction score
There is a boot that goes over the linkage in the car as per Peter Coomaraswamy. The boot you want is on another BMW illustration.

Unfortunately that boot is made of unobtanium. Is there anyone who sells it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FGS

Site Donor
Reaction score
There is a rubber boot that goes over the gearshift stalk from the interior side. It is used to keep all the fumes out of the car. The original boots are pretty flimsy. On my car I used a CV joint boot as it was a little more substantial and I think did a better job. I forgot which size but it was from an older VW.

Thank you Peter!

Bwana

Reaction score
On my car, which is a '72 CSi also, I have a leather "sealing" boot, available from BMW. Try P/N 51161810752. Looks a lot better than a rubber one and works just as well

FGS

Site Donor
Reaction score
On my car, which is a '72 CSi also, I have a leather "sealing" boot, available from BMW. Try P/N 51161810752. Looks a lot better than a rubber one and works just as well

Thank you!

FGS

Site Donor
Reaction score
Today I received the carpet set from KHM. There is a section of which I don't understand the location, that's the last one on the right edge:

ZTEBMW3CS.jpg

37380910650_53555617d8_o.jpg

Where is it supposed to be fitted?

Thank you.

mark99

Site Donor
Reaction score
I suppose they want you to use that as the rear shelf, just under the rear window
In my car that was black vinyl, not sure if the vinyl was original

FGS

Site Donor
Reaction score
I suppose they want you to use that as the rear shelf, just under the rear window
In my car that was black vinyl, not sure if the vinyl was original

I had the same idea but I've never seen an E9 with a carpet on the rear shelf. My former 2800 CS had a camel cloth interior with a black vinyl shelf as well. That's why I'm puzzled about it.

FGS

Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm looking for front safety belts. I've seen that there are many options but I wouldn't make holes in panels, wood etc. Did anyone installed two-points belts? Is there any provider around which has already been "tested"?

Wn seems not to have specific belts for the E9....

Thank you!