1973 3.0 CSi - A resto project

eriknetherlands

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Francesco.
Wow what a speed .... im not jealous....
[emoji53]
Tip is to flip the bolt of the torsionbar (sway bar ), the end is now pointing towards the road. Put the head of the bolt on the bottom. High risk to bend it now as it sticks out.
Erik.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G800F met Tapatalk

FGS

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Francesco.
Wow what a speed .... im not jealous....
[emoji53]
Tip is to flip the bolt of the torsionbar (sway bar ), the end is now pointing towards the road. Put the head of the bolt on the bottom. High risk to bend it now as it sticks out.
Erik.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G800F met Tapatalk

Thank you for the tip! That is just for a "test", it is not tightened.

Last edited:

FGS

Site Donor
Reaction score
This indeed is correct

31216341612_d1692b02a4_b.jpg

Honolulu

Reaction score
Curious... other than for originality, why continue to use the bottom bolt canister for the oil filter? This was one of the first things I changed my my coupe. The top bolt version is so much more convenient.

Honolulu

Reaction score
Hard to tell from the picture, but how much room is there between the oil pan and the top of the crossmember? That's all you could lower the engine, would it be enough?

Honolulu

Reaction score
the W&N part number comes up for E21, E30 and E12, which doesn't at all mean it might not "fit", but a different part number may be different for a reason. What is that reason? Maybe you just found out.

As you are retaining the bottom bolt oil filter canister for originality, why use a motor mount not originally fitted to the car?

11811132322 is the original p/n

FGS

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thank you, I'll try to answer to everyone:

I bought part A11811132323 as I searched for the specific part for e9 and WN says that code is the right one, now I've realized that part is sold for many models, and that's not good.

I'm not near the car now so I don't know about the transmission, I'll ask about it.

The fan is the original one so the issue can't be related to it. I'll contact Authohaus AZ for part 11811132322 to understand their tickness.

FGS

Site Donor
Reaction score
Turns out that there isn't any problem! The engine fits under the hood and so the fan, although it looks like too high.

I have a questions for the gurus: where could I find longer wheel bolts? I would install E34 rims with 5 mm spacers so the original bolts aren't long enough anymore.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

frogisland

Reaction score
I think it is the rears that are longer so could be used on the front. Rear: 52mm overall, 48mm under the head vs Front: 42mm overall, 38mm overall. Halves the problem. I think I have looked for OEM BMW parts in the past and don't recall having come up with a different part number for the longer (than 52mm) studs. Most, if not all, soon went with bolts after the e9. There maybe aftermarket options. I have gone for ARP bolts on the racecar but requires marginal drilling of the hubs.

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score

FGS

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thank you, I've actually bought 52 mm rear bolts from WN, now it's time to face another issue as the new rims have smaller nut "seats" than the original ones. I'll see if I can use other nuts or if I need to enlarge them with a lathe.

FGS

Site Donor
Reaction score
Buy the correct nuts, don't risk cutting the wheels to make improper nuts fit

Agree, that was just an idea but I 'll find smaller nuts for them.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Last edited: