1973 BMW 3.0 CSI- Copart

Candia4441

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Is that "third time's a charm?"
this is the third time something is wrong with this car why keep coming back this car should be 2800cs it is not a 3.0cs I don't see the water sprayer on the hood am I right or I am wrong?

bossrobot

Site Donor
Reaction score
Looks like a lot of money!
I am surprised that the owner let it go. Most people do not know that you can buy back your salvage from the insurance company for a small sum and the car is not salvage title, this is because it is still yours, and the simple fact is that they did not pay you enough to fix the car. You still have the right to have it repaired regardless of cost. The insurance companies never tell you that, and will even sometimes try to say that you cannot do it, not true though in my experience.
I think this was a neat Euro coupe that ran and looked good before the accident. The owner really loved it too ! If I see him I will post more details about the car as, or if he shares them.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Actually not the case in CA. My friend bought back his e46 and had it repaired for the amount the insurance paid him in their settlement. Looks brand new, had to get CHP inspection and title is now branded, they even have to issue new license plates as originals are taken.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Looks like a lot of money!
I am surprised that the owner let it go. Most people do not know that you can buy back your salvage from the insurance company for a small sum and the car is not salvage title, this is because it is still yours, and the simple fact is that they did not pay you enough to fix the car. You still have the right to have it repaired regardless of cost. The insurance companies never tell you that, and will even sometimes try to say that you cannot do it, not true though in my experience.
I think this was a neat Euro coupe that ran and looked good before the accident. The owner really loved it too ! If I see him I will post more details about the car as, or if he shares them.
What Chris said. If a vehicle is considered a "total loss" by the insurance company and they pay out for the car they've essentially purchased the car from you. If you decide you'd like to buy it back at their salvage price it's after they've deemed it a total loss and it's branded with a Salvage history. The only way to keep your wrecked car and fix it yourself without it being branded is to not have it considered a total loss, which usually means getting a check from the insurance for the maximum amount they'd pay without it being totaled. Each insurance company handles it differently, but the salvage laws are all the same in CA.

Not sure how that CS would've been dealt with as far as insurance. They're salvage price may have been $40k. Who knows.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Bid history...

Jul 6, 2022Seller declined $15,000
Jun 16, 2022Seller declined $29,750
Jun 13, 2022Seller declined $29,750
Jun 9, 2022Seller declined $38,000
Jun 6, 2022Seller declined $37,750