1974 3.0 CS Electric

WALTER

Site Donor
Reaction score
@WALTER - I wrote to the guy behind easysteer (Simon I believe his name is) enquiring about a system to be installed into my E9 (manual steering, RHD) and didn't get a reply - His website is also very 2005, so I'm not sure they're even still in business.
That’s too bad; I was hoping to go down this road when I put mine back together.

JayWltrs

Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm so annoyed by it. I had everything worked out. I got the C2 ECU CAN communicating, wrote c++ rpm and speed emulator for Raspberry PI that was constantly sending messages over can-bus just like Citroen C2 does. Worked out all the wiring and all was supposed to be exactly correct. Even now, when I have decided to not use it, I'm tempted to make it work. Just can't swallow the defeat I guess. But as continuing this would require purchasing a new or refurbished rack and maybe ECU too, I'm not sure if it's worth it, as I'm not 100% sure that it would solve my problems. That would be like 300-400 euros more wasted then.
So impressed by all of the ingenuity and commitment you and the other e-conversion guys undertake. Personally, I’d never put an electric engine in an E9, but I’ve learned a lot from these threads and hope you keep pushing forward!