1974 3.0 CS Electric

Discussion in 'E9 Projects and Restorations' started by mane, Jan 17, 2019.

1. eriknetherlands

eriknetherlands Active Member

I'm a guy that appreciates old stuff, and i can go far to keep it like that, but i'm honestly impressed by things that people can fix .

Merging a tesla into an e9 requires a lot of skills.
    I would seriously consider if the skills were here ....

I'm following!

Bmachine, mane and Markos like this.
  2. deQuincey

deQuincey Well-Known Member

View My Showcase
    #metoo
    ...buy a cat, kill the animal, get the fur, and place a sensitive robot inside,...lots of advantages, but it will not be a cat
    when you do not see the e9 as a whole, you do not see it at all
    my opinion dear philippe

3. jabloomf1230

jabloomf1230 Member

5 years from now when all the gasoline stations are only selling hydrogen and electricity, I'm afraid that mane will have the last laugh on us. The days of the ICE car are rapidly drawing to close.

Stevehose likes this.
  4. Aussiecsi

Aussiecsi Active Member

....maybe not . Normally something for "off topic" but I thought this is interesting as a fuel alternative

5. mane

mane New Member

Funny thing here is that I'm an OEM guy. I've had many BMWs and they've always been OEM. From 3 series to 7 series and 3 M-cars. Never switched "wrong" parts to them, not even rims. Always BMW original and parts meant for that car. When buying cars, never looked to ones that have been modified in any way.

I know the feeling when I see something off spec and probably horribly modified too. But I'm not going to them and saying that "hey you're doing it wrong...". That's just the way they like it.

My starting point was to do an electric conversion of some car, just for the learning and fun of it. I did not have E9 in mind at that point, but as I love BMWs I quickly ended up looking older BMWs ending up to the prettiest of them all, an E9. So I kinda had to leave my OEM boat even before buying the car.

I have huge respect for you guys who keep it OEM but also for the guys who are doing as they wish. Engine swaps, interior mods etc. After all, this is a hobby, not a religion.

6. Bmachine

Bmachine Well-Known Member Site Donor $$

Well said.

7. Gary Waggoner

Gary Waggoner Active Member

Your workmanship is fantastic and I appreciate the amount of hours it takes to build something of that caliber. My car may have a gas engine, but has an equal amount of non OEM parts and its going to be just the way I want it. Lots of purists disagree with my build as well....good luck.

mane and Markos like this.
  8. JetDexter

JetDexter Active Member Site Donor

I missed this thread until now. Mane, you have a great project going there. Sorry you got beat up a little, but you had to know that was coming from the purists :) You set yourself up posting those photos of a VERY NICE looking car. It's a car that many of us would love to simply drive as-is. Of course we all know that under that paint was more rust than one can imagine, so it is great that you stripped it down.

I am just saying that if you would have posted some photos of a coupe that looked beyond coming back, then maybe the guys would say "Well, it was a lost cause anyway, so restomod it all you like". Just my two cents. I do love what Jabloomf said about one day ICE cars may be gone. Perhaps not even allowed on the roads on a regular basis. So maybe our Electric E9s will be the only ones you see out there!

mane, dang and Bmachine like this.
  9. Vanaedium

Vanaedium New Member

Bmw Cse front+ hellcat 2.jpg

Bmw Cse tail with led 5.jpg Hi
    I had the same idea and I guess it will be my big project for the next years to come. I love the aesthetics of the e9 but considering that I will not made a pure oem restoration but more a retromod, I thought about new design for the front lights and the tail lights with a led options. Here is my idea with my very poor photoshop skills: the front is based on dodge hellcat lights and the back just a rivisited bmw designs (fantasy but possible). View attachment 62852 . View attachment 62848

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
    Markos, WALTER and mane like this.
  10. Cornishman

Cornishman Member Site Donor

Mane
    I would like to see and read more about your project to convert a CS to electric, please keep posting.
    Wishing you all the best with the project and the thread!

mane likes this.
  11. mane

mane New Member

I got a preview picture from upholsterer. New door panels looking real nice. Can't wait to receive all these panels, rear seats and new Recaro ls-c front seats.
    Ovipaneli.jpeg Ovipaneli2.jpeg

Car is still at metal shop for rust repairs. Latest estimate for all done, is Tuesday - next week. It's been ages since I've seen the car.. really excited to see it again.

dang and Vanaedium like this.
  12. mane

mane New Member

Seats and other panels done now too. Awesome job by Recaro Max.

A23ED585-83A8-4881-861F-647FBD0BB665.jpeg 565B4D5F-E8EA-4BCF-8F90-627B71837764.jpeg E8A72AD1-F31E-43AA-99EC-2D4E61BFC671.jpeg 50F1E000-A22E-4623-9D39-B3E5E67A0926.jpeg

Gransin likes this.