1974 3.0 CS, 1973 3.0 CS, 1971 2800 CS

hplug

Reaction score
Okay long story short I have 3 e9s up for sale and this is the first one. The story is I bought these 2 years ago, the seller misrepresented the cars, then hired some random orangutangs to load and secure the cars. The cars showed up and all three were loaded in a box truck and secured with furniture ties, needless to say all three cars sustained damage. After 2 years of arguing with insurance and shippers and brokers and shady people I am done with these 3, you guys get first shot.

This one is a 1974 3.0 CS automatic sunroof car. This one was damaged on the passenger side rear quarter panel, I suspect the orange haired monkeys caused this while loading the car. The rear bumper was also damaged but limited to the rubber and not the bumper itself. The shippers had an explosion of intelligence and discovered the easiest and most secure way to tie these cars down was thru the wing windows, this tore up the rubber seals, although still useable, and the ratchet strap, one of two used, rubbed on the driver side front fender so there is a spot lacking paint. This new way of strapping down the cargo lead to the beltline trim being removed by force which I do have and is in pretty good shape although all the mounting tabs are probably laying along I-70 some place. The overall paint has micro scratches everywhere and could use a strong buffing to bring out a shine, but this is nowhere near a great paint job there are "fisheyes" in various places. The trunk has some bubbling along one corner, there is also a small bubble on the driver's side front fender.

The interior is interesting on this one, the seats are recovered and in true leather, but the stuffing was not rebuilt before installation for some reason. I believe the passenger side wood is missing but the rest is there and overall, in good restorable shape. Carpet looks pretty new, for some reason this guy loved new carpet. Headliner is junk but there is a newer one in a bag that will come with.

Mechanical. I was told all 3 cars ran and drove good, but this is the only one that succeeded in both. I did drive this Malaga coupe 2 years ago. I did not get to interstate speeds just fired it up and drove around for a few miles. It did shift as it should thru all gears, brakes seemed spongey and could defiantly use some sorting.

The big talk structurally. This car is surprisingly not super rusty of course I was told it was "rust free", but this is not the case. As you can see the trunk has a bubble on the corner and the front drivers fender has a small bubble, but the undercarriage is in much better than expected. There is some thick undercoating which I peeled off a good-sized section and underneath looks really nice. I am not an expert but I do know these cars well and tried to picture the whole under carriage. This E9 was also equipped with custom inner fender skirts, haha.

Money. I lost a lot on this little venture, and it is not over yet but these need to go to another home and start a new life. I know everyone hates "make an offer" but I am at a loss here both financially and what value is appropriate.

I will be posting the other 2 cars over the next few days, 1971 2800cs manual slick top in light blue, 1973 3.0cs sunroofish, manual I think it is Atlantic blue. Of course, a package deal is available if one so wants.

Pictures. https://link.shutterfly.com/tzydD5PteMb

Pictures in the link

Attachments

• 39E2691D-DCFF-4B8C-A868-4627C516C2D2.jpeg
    39E2691D-DCFF-4B8C-A868-4627C516C2D2.jpeg
    675.5 KB · Views: 45
Sad story, but don't blame the orangutangs. Most are smarter and nicer than the species who loaded these beauties.

Waiting for the next two.

Okay time for number 2. This one is a 1973 3.0 CS manual and sunroofish. This 73 rode in the front of the transport and received damage from the 1971 ramming into the tail panel it is pushed in probably 1.5" and rubbed the paint off. This one was also stated as a runner and a driver, but never showed up with keys. I know there is a place in California that can cut new keys but you need the number off the tumbler. I started working toward finding this number when everything was stopped as we thought a lawsuit was the next step. Needless to say, here it is with half the steering column removed. The passenger side front fender does have a bubble in the paint. The most fascinating part is the previous owner was driving this E9 and the sunroof flew off mid drive, so he took it amongst himself to repair and seal the roof, he did an exceptional job of sealing out the rain.

This interior of this one is pretty much what you see, the seats are not bad and appear original but also not installed. The headliner is trashed but it has new carpet, kinda a theme here.

Mechanical. As stated, this was sold as a running and driving car just does have keys?? It is complete and all there, we did turn it over 2 years ago.

The big talk. This was a nice car and probably not that long ago but then the custom sunroof work was completed and now is pretty difficult to turn. Again I tried to take a lot of undercarriage photos, and this one was also under coated at some point but I do see evidence of welding underneath. The paint quality on this one is pretty good and it is too bad about the sunroof upgrade.

Almost forgot as I was taking these photos I shattered the passenger side front window just for a little added fun!

Money. I lost a lot on this little venture, and it is not over yet but these need to go to another home and start a new life. I know everyone hates "make an offer" but I am at a loss here both financially and what value is appropriate.

FYI the 1973 Bavaria in the background will be for sale soon just spring a few things out. 5 speed bilsreins and h and r shocks.

I'd be interested in the tools, I doubt parting those out would make a big difference in final sale. Good luck with the sales.

I had a horrible experience with transport guys in the past as well, I documented it on here. It's hard to find but best if one can find an owner/operator w/ enclosed dedicated car trailer. Going through a broker which seems to be the game everyone plays is a complete crap shoot.

Broker may have good ratings, but you have no idea who the final driver is going to be generally.

Stuff that keeps you up at night.

I'm curious if you (or anybody knows) why the first two albums are entitled "Chris Macha's Album?" It initially made me think that the Malaga car was his old coupe. I fairly quickly realized that it wasn't and thank goodness for that.

Haha not real sure. None of these were Chris's. I havent used shutterfly in years maybe it was an old folder??

Haha not real sure. None of these were Chris's. I havent used shutterfly in years maybe it was an old folder??
I thought maybe it could be some weird identifier embedded in the URL, but who can tell? If you have the ability to rename those two albums, it would be a nice gesture to do so. That way nobody is confused as to the source of them.

When I open up shutterfly they are labeled as 71 2800cs, 73 3.0cs, 74 3.0cs so dont know what more to do.

The E3 is coming up and a super nice desert car, was an auto swapped to a manual and has H&Rs and bilsteins. Still working out a few kinks but hope to have it ready for sale by spring.

Back